Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HPD Aaen or white bros whats best for my scrammy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which pipe is best for my scrammy 500?

I want to get a good pipe for my scrambler 500 but can't make up my mind. So i was thinking of HPD, AAEN or White bros e-series, so which is better?Cost is really not an issue. But i don't really like the way the HPD muffler looks but if its better i will live with it.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:07 AM
Range Rover

I believe you should check out the Hot Seat Performance pipes and silencers. Hot Seats stuff is usually cheaper than HPD and AAEN and for the 500 pipe Dirt Wheels gave it rave reviews. So before making a desicion check out www.hotseatperformance.com. My 400 parts work awesome and are very durable and with 63 hp Im happy.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The HPD pipe is actually cheaper than the Hot Seat one, plus it is nickel plated. It is well eorth it. It really improves the low and mid range. You should get a clutch kit and K&N with it too. If you go with the HPD pipe and clutch kit and get a K&N with Outerwears from Rocky MT, it is actually $50 cheaper than the Hot Seat kit. The older HPD silencer wal a had a straight tip on it. You can call them an see if the still have those. But, I like the turn down cuz it is harder for the "DNR[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]" to tell if you have a spark arrestor

Old 08-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HPD Aaen or white bros whats best for my scrammy?

So bigbad what do you think of white brothers e-series?

Old 08-25-2003, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well, I don't have any first hand experience with one so I can't tell you how it compares to the HPD unit, But, the HPD exhaust is a pipe and silencer, the WB is just a silencer, so the HPD is going to produce more power. HPD is the king of Polaris power. However, White Bros. is a good company. Heck, Polaris had them make the slip-on for the Pred. You can't go wrong with either one. But you should really get a clutch kit to match the pipe. The rule of thumb is to get the pipe and clutch kit from the same company because they are tuned to work together

Old 08-25-2003, 01:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the input! well i have a K&N on there now and outerwares pre filter from rocky mt. also if i do go with hpd witch i think i will how hard is it to install the jet and clutch kit? I have lots of experence with car engines so i dont think it will be a problem.

Old 08-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The worst part of jetting it is getting to the carb. The front plastic and gas tank will need to come off (easy yet annoying) Then you can unbolt the carb and turn it over. The main jet is right under the bowl drain plug. And you will need to drill out the brass plug dor the pilot screw (unless the dealer already did it, mine was already drilled out) The weights and primary spring for the primary clutch are pretty straight forward and easy. The secondary clutch is a little tricky. You have to remove ir from the machine. It should just pop off when you remove the bolt. You may need a friend to help you hold it while you remove the snap ring. You will obviously need a good pair of snap ring pliers. Then just put the spring an helix in and make sure the spring is set on the right setting adn you wind the clutch 1/3 turn. The instructions will cover all this. I had a heck of a time with the snap ring (I HATE SNAP RINGS) and I took it to the dealer. It costs $15 for them to do the clutch kit for it for me me and I knew it was done right. But you should't have any problems with it if you have at least some or even little mechanical knowledge. If you do run into problems thats what we are here for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2003, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't reccomend the white brothers pipe i have one on my 500 and i could barely tell a difference

Old 08-25-2003, 04:53 AM
Trailblazer

I have heard alot of people going with either hpd or Aaen for pipes.I have a Aaen on my 500 and i love it.Check plug before you decide to jet, polaris jets a bit high out of the box.Mine turned out fine without.Stay with a comp that deals only with polaris stuff they know ur 500 better than the other guys do.

Old 08-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks guys all of you were very helpful. I think i will go with hpd.

Quick Reply: HPD Aaen or white bros whats best for my scrammy?