Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

dirtwheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirtwheels

i just goto the store, pick up dirtwheels, read the "letters" section, then put it back on the shelf.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

what I don't understand is that they talk about how the suzuki is worth building up depending on your situation, yet they don't seem to think that the extra 2000 dollars they put into the suzuki would also be worth it for the predator. That just doesn't make any logical sense. Also I thought I heard a yammi guy saying that the actual weight of the yammi was around 378 or so. Bought the same as the zuki. I have a hard time believing that they weighed the machines. considering that apparently the predator doesn't loose any weight with the white brothers slip on

Old 08-28-2003, 02:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Let's see, add the Pure Polaris 440 kit for $1169, then you'd still have plenty left over to add that sweet black carbon fiber plastic ( once again, Kawi copied Polaris). You'd not only smoke them, you'd look killer doin' it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I love these simple math problems. Why didn't they just let us do quad economics instead of calling it " the new math". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

DW doesnt get any of my money, but what you report doesnt surprise me. this month, ATV Action is bashing the yfz450... go figure....
I guess ATV Action doesnt need my money either... funny youd think they would be soliciting subscribers, but for the money they make they could GIVE the magazines away and still make a profit..... I am not brand loyal [that much] and the article ATV Action did on the yfz450 blows. is dirtywheels the same company? why would i not be surprised?

Who knows, if they keep it up, they WILL be giving them away to keep advertisers.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Both are Hi-torque publications.

Old 08-28-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Originally posted by: raptor8
DW doesnt get any of my money, but what you report doesnt surprise me. this month, ATV Action is bashing the yfz450... go figure....
I guess ATV Action doesnt need my money either... funny youd think they would be soliciting subscribers, but for the money they make they could GIVE the magazines away and still make a profit..... I am not brand loyal [that much] and the article ATV Action did on the yfz450 blows. is dirtywheels the same company? why would i not be surprised?

Who knows, if they keep it up, they WILL be giving them away to keep advertisers.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
OH come come guy.....ATV Action just knows what they are talking about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Dont get hurt cuz they know what theya re talking abotu and your proud 450 isnt as hot as the others make it sound!

Old 08-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

I think Dirtwheels point is that the YFZ450 is better then they had hoped. Whenever that happens, they will always make a big deal out of it. Remember the first Pred test in DW? They really liked it but still had things they didn't like about it.

Myself, I like to talk to REAL people about quads, you know, people who own them. In real person, one can get the best truth about a machine.

03 black and red Raptor
modded stock muffler and airbox
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Old 08-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

This is true adam, but how many people do you know that would say, " I just spent $6K on this quad...and it sucks?" Doesn't happen very often. Some people just plain close the doors once they get a quad in their garage and believe it is the best one ever made!

Old 08-28-2003, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Pudl,

well said mate.

Geoff

Old 08-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default dirtwheels

Pud,

Now your quad and mine in my garage getting ready to go riding, now THATS the best quads made!

03 black and red Raptor
modded stock airbox and muffler
PRM Desert Grab Bar

Quick Reply: dirtwheels