Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my first ATV

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2000, 07:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

Just purchased my first ATV- a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 335. I have ridden road and dirt bikes for years, but wanted to give ATV's a try. I live in NE PA in a very rural area, with lots of room to roam on my quad. Loving it! Bike now has 50 hours, with no problems.
My only experience with forums like this is a garden tractor forum on Garden Web.com. I have gotten more help from the members than I have from the dealer! I expect that this forum will be just as good, or better.

Thanks.

Blades

2000 Sportsman (now with 50 hours)
2000lb Warn Winch (free from Polaris)
Double-Tube Bumper
Polaris Mortar Box with Polaris flat repair kit, tow strap, rain suit, etc.
Price without accessories- $5549.00

Old 06-06-2000, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Welcome aboard!! This has been a helpful forum for me. I'm sure everybody will lend you their knowledge if and when you need it. Enjoy your new hobbie.

Old 06-06-2000, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Blades,

Yes, welcome.

Enjoy the new machine, they are one heck of a lot of fun.

Excellent forum to get tips, and advice. Sometimes you have to weed through the advice to find the good stuff, but it is there. There are many here with thousands of miles on the seat of an ATV so there is lots of experience.

Have fun,

DJ - '98 SP500

PS. Where is Thompson? I have a buddy who lives and rides SE of Pittsburg. There is some awesome riding down there.

Check out some of the posters websites or Yahoo photo areas, very nice riding areas!

Old 06-06-2000, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

DJ,

Thanks for the welcome. Thompson is in the Northeast corner of PA, close to the Delaware River and NY State border. More bears than people!
Thanks again.

Old 06-06-2000, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yes Welcome Blades ! You sure have a nice atv too.
I was riding memorial weekend with 2 brand new yellow sp 500's. they are impressive atv's. I drove one of them for a few miles to and they are so comfortable to drive. Dont fall esleep on long treks. I imagine your 335 is very very similiar?!?

there are some very knowledgable people on this forum and they are very helpfull to us all. I have learned allot myself from several. Memorial weekend I actually went atv riding with people I met through this forum. It was a fun weekend and I hope I made lasting friends and will ride with them again.

I dont know if you plan to join any atv clubs in your state if you have any. You probably do? Remember, the break in of your atv is important.

there are lots of organizations and or clubs and or political people that want to take away allot of land from our use that we currently have the right to ride. The clinton/gore plan, they want to
close off many national forest roads and plant them over then more easily keep us all out of them. they will also put pressure on state land, county land to do the same. Help us fight against that.

Enjoy your atv. It goes through some really deep mud ! rangerchet, 2000 polaris xpedition 425 cc 5-speed.

Old 06-06-2000, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome, good choice on the Sportsman 335, very nice. Yeah this is a great place to find info, but some people like to bash allot just ignore them. I lives in Pittsburgh for a few months, PA is a nice state. Lake Erie was allot of fun to swim at.

Old 06-06-2000, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Blades i live in Mahtomedi, Mn just the other side of white bear lake. Im looking at getting a 500 sportsman this month or next month. Im also looking for an ATV club. If you could please help me find one in this area that would be great. I also don't mind traeling a little bit for a good club. Please e-mail me at stitchzr2@hotmail.com. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-06-2000, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blades,
Welcome aboard to the ATV Forums.You will find that the majority of us are ready to help you with whatever questions you may have.

I owned a 99 500cc Sportsman,excellant riding 4x4.I am now the very happy owner of a 00 Xplorer,and lovin every ride I take on it to.

Just be careful with the guy that calls himself Chickenman,I heard he likes to wear dresses with no panties.[he's going to get me for this,- lol]====Bill