Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

YZF450 dyno is a joke!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YZF450 dyno is a joke!

mod i cant ease up never raced in the sand or up hill. i all way say what comes to my mind . not trying to afend i just come across that way i guess.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

question here, It's seems awfully hard to compare the yammi and the pred power wise, when the yammi is geared so low, I'd like to see a drag with the two geared similarly. At least so the top end speed is the same. I think the predator would take the yammi bottom to top then. Just my opinion, and also, I think the 42 rear wheel horsepower compare pretty good to the 37 on the yammi. Yod ya like them apples[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not cutting down the YFZ450, I'm laughing at its exaggerated hype.
It’s most likely the best track quad you can buy right now. I hope it holds up to the abuse it’ll get.
It just amazes me that a 60 pound heavier quad with 50cc more motor can beat it by 3 quad lengths.

Old 10-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

mod i allso like the yfz just not as much as the predator if i was to race mx you would have to go with the yfz im sure. but polaris will still keep lighten the predator up. i dont think you can race in the same class with a 500 is that right. the predator would be in the class with raptors and ds i think. i no nothing about mx racing. just us rednecks race each other on back roads. and woods along river beds

Old 10-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

like modquad said, pudjumper knows about fast bikes & hes not scared. He's had fast 2stroke polaris's on alky if I remember right & his pred now, he has been on the forums for over 2 1/2 years & has helped out many people , not making fun of them. I like the help for the forums, not the bashing for the fun of it! Just my 2cents worth! OOPS My bad the pred isn't on alky if I implied that. MY BAD! I can't type good & maybe to many beers! It's all good! Sorry pudjumper I got a head of myself.
Later!
Joe

Old 10-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Pro, it's all good, but back to some original comments. The 450 will do some damage on the short runs, but even by the end of a flat 300' drag, the legs do run out on it. That's where the Pred shines. In those short MX corners, and gaps between jumps, that 450 should rev nice. Now, on the other hand, it's gonna be very interesting to see how the 440 kit will make this match. There are an increasing number of quality chromoly components available, so lightening up a Predator shouldn't be a problem. Lot's of cool stuff goin' on right now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Aw shucks guys! I wish I had an alky scrammy!! I used to own a couple mildly modified ones, but that's it! What you have to consider about the yfz is this, It may have a little less horsepower, but it has a hell of a lot less weight, and it can get that mass moving in a hurry!! Plus with the higher revs and a peak power at 8000, where the preds peak is about 7,300, you can take the revs higher and shift less. So in a short drag the yfz will most definately prevail. But yes, even on my pred, I managed to hunt down an A rider on his nice shiny blue arrow this past weekend!! Not to say it's a bad machine (I'm thinking of getting one myslef), but he looked a little on the tired side 1 1/2 hrs. into the race!!

Old 10-01-2003, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry pudjumper, I got a head of my self about your previous bikes, my bad to many beers. I wasn't trying to imply anything but I guess I did. I know that I like the info you given in the past & still will need some more info on unfinished projects.
Later again!
Joe

Old 10-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

No offense taken, I'm just here to lend a helping hand when I can! Get on your qud and ride!!

Old 10-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Park X, what better use for an old ski resort than quad races! WSA Snowcross can borrow da place, but when the snow's gone in the spring, it's quadville! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: YZF450 dyno is a joke!