Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Which quads are better in races?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which quads are better in races?

Ok, i was just thinking about this. What do you guys think will win in a race out of these three quads: TRX450R, YFZ450, or the Predator 500. Keeping them all stock, and no modifications. You would think they are all pretty close, but no one has probably seen the Honda TRX450R run. Or what about the YFZ450, and the Predator 500, which is proven to beat which machine? And what about the Predator 500, Raptor 660, and the DS 650? Which do you think will win? Some people say certain ones will win, but its the people that actually raced against each other that can tell us the truth.

Old 10-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the pred will beat a yfz in a drag, ive seen it! there were 3 yfz and 2 preds.. the yfz thot they were all big and bad... and they got owned unless the drag was like 150 ft, anything over that the pred went by. and i dont care what you say.. i saw it.
the raptor blows stock. and ive beat a few including a piped one. while i was stock.
the honda is well.... a honda. junk. who knows we shall see when its out.
i dont know much about the ds650 but what i do know is that it is very heavy and i think it would take the pred on top end easy... but i think the pred would have it in any drags under like 300 ft...

Old 10-03-2003, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

OK let me save us all some BS. The predator sucks! My grandmothers wheel chair spoked a piped predator. lmao Sorry guys I couldn't help myself. It doesn't matter how good of a quad Polaris makes some people are going to hate it simply because it's made in USA and everything made in the USA sucks. I get so tired of this crap. If Polaris quads sucks so bad then why do people pay so much attention them? Why does it matter to any one else what I ride? Isn't funny how most people who bash Polaris have never owned one or have one of those "friends" who had nothing but troubles with Polaris. I'm sorry if I'm going off here but I'm tired of seeing American products get bashed. If buying Japanese products means so much to people then maybe they should move to Japan and live in the community they feel so strongly about supporting.

Old 10-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

Ya man, i agree. The Predator does suck, the Raptor will kill it, and the Ds650 will kill it. I ain't to sure about the YFZ, but i do know that i hate the Predator, and Polaris can't make it perform as good as some other machines out there. I guess it is all preference. I ain't really a polaris fan, but i still own one.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry warrior92. I was being sarcastic about the predator. I will never own anything but Polaris. I tore the rear end down on my 400 to drill and tap the bearing housing for a different grease fitting. I was tickled to death to see good old Timken roller bearings in there. I make those bearings. I bet you won't find many TRBs in the Japanese bikes. Some day the people of the USA are going to pay for biting the hand that feeds them. To bad my kids will have to pay for the mistakes of others.

Old 10-03-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Im with you tblazerdad...

Old 10-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

dont forget warrior.. we r talking stock here.... and i think the pred pummels the raptor in everyway shape and form stock..
as for the ds... like i said above i have never road one... or seen a pred and a ds drag... except online... and those ds's wernt stock.
i think the pred will take off quicker and hold it own for a while in a drag vs a ds.
and dont forget the engine sizes you r comparing the pred too... 650...660... thats like running a 250x vs a 400 ex.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

you hit on it right on the head tlblazerad you think alott like i do.

Old 10-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

If more people thought like us propolaris the USA wouldn't be in the shape it is now!

Old 10-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Trailblazer

well i guess it is becuase i ain't to much of a polaris fan, but i tried both and i preferred the raptor more and it feels to have more power. Sorry to say, but i understand what you guys are saying.

Quick Reply: Which quads are better in races?