Old 04-15-2018, 03:36 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bluto! Welcome to the forum guys.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bonefish

Before moving to the west I spent much of my time in the Bahamas pursuing the illusive bonefish

Old 07-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

K9kodi, I’m a police officer, k9 handler and trainer. My parter/dog is kodi. He’s dual purpose patrol and explosives. Kodi is spelt that way because i chewed kodiak. He’s 9.5 now, looking down the barrel of retirement. He’ll be super hard to replace.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:45 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There were 3 of us named Frank working together with a dozen other guys. We were referred to as Big Frank, Little Frank, and Old Frank. If you saw what we looked like it would be obvious who each Frank was. Little Frank was a head shorter than me and Old Frank was old enough to retire.

Old 02-03-2019, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I like Bluetick tree dogs..

Old 02-03-2019, 10:37 PM
THE BERMINATOR

My dad tried to trade my brother for a Bluetick pup but the other guy wouldn't take him. Too bad. My brother tortured me for years. We had a few coonhounds that looked like the pictures I see of Treeing Walkers. I know one dog was a brindle color Plott Hound but never knew what the other 3 were. They all lived in a dog pen behind the garage and for years our next-door neighbor didn't even know we had dogs. I wish the idiots in my neighborhood cared enough to make their dogs stop barking, but they don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

LOL Sounds like a missed trade Big Frank. My granddad always had tree dogs the Blueticks where always my favorite he gave me a pup once turned out to be a dandy every time we were in town some of his old buddies would kid him about giving him away.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 PM
THE BERMINATOR

My dad always took me and my brothers coon hunting when we were kids. The four dogs would hunt together and talked to each other a little bit, but when they had a coon treed they let you know it, and there was no doubt about it. When we got to the tree a couple of dogs would be standing against the tree howling while the other dogs circled the tree sniffing. The kids' job was always to shine a flashlight on the coon so my dad could see their eyes shine and he'd pop them with a .22 pistol. Most of his Coonhounds may have actually been Foxhounds. All I know is they were some kind of scent hounds and he called them Coonhounds. These pics of an American Foxhound, Black and Tan Virginia Foxhound, English Foxhound, and Treeing Walker Coonhound all look a lot like them. Actually every one of them was probably a mutt of some kind, which I think are the best kind of dogs. All of his dogs were pups he got from a friend or brother he hunted with except the last one. He bought a registered Plott Hound and she was the dumbest bitch any one of us ever saw. She liked chewing on porcupines instead of hunting coons. He got so tired of this stupid dog that he gave it to my uncle. It didn't learn anything from his dogs either. One day my dad borrowed the dog from my uncle and when he came back from hunting the dog didn't. He was so disgusted with her stupidity that he shot her in her brainless head and left her in the woods. I'm sure the coyotes appreciated the free lunch. My uncle didn't seem to care that my dad shot his dog either. He had a pen full of hunting dogs that actually hunted.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've heard of a few tree dogs going out and not coming back. I agree with you on the Walkers they are hard working dogs.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 1948boat

I was born in 1948 and at that time I was into boats, living on a 350 Double Cabin ChrisCraft

Quick Reply: What does your nickname mean????