Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize you're probably pretty frustrated. Run it by your dealer, maybe they can call Polaris, and give it a try....you never know, they might cover it for you. I know some trannies, cylinder heads, and frames that have been covered out of warranty.....oh yea, a few seat covers too. That's quite a step farther than any other manufacturer I've heard of lately. The Predator test riders, by the way, are pictured right here on the ATV Connection front page. They ride all day, every day. I was just up at my folk's place for dear hunting....at 6 a.m. what did I hear in the distance, but a Predator, on it's way to Roseau. The windshield equipped machine had around 10,000 miles on it when I shot the pic, I would imagine it's far beyond that now. With all the abuse we put these things through, parts are gonna give way. I know they were supposed to be kitting up some trans update parts, maybe that's out, or will be soon.

Good Luck, and please keep us posted. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

if they dont have an update what am i supose to do... rebuild in another 6 months? hahahaha i dont think so.... ill go yamaha if they dont give me an 04 tranny or something they think will last... or do the 04's have the same problems?

Old 11-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Don't worry Hozed mine was 3 months over warranty when my tranny blew 4th and Polaris paid all parts shift forks, and 3 gears etc... Yes, Polaris has fixed the problem for 04.

Old 11-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

That totally sucks!!! I ride my friends raptors and they feel really top heavy to me. They have tons of torque though and are fast. I think with some suspension work they would be an awesome ride???? I think that if I have the problems that you have had I would probably look into the Yammi 450. For me suspension is more important than speed but from what I have read the Yammi has both????? Sorry you are having these kinda problems.

Old 11-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what about labor.... if polaris is gonna pay for my dealer to do it i supose ill have em do it.. but i rather do it myself i think..

Old 11-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dont worry hozed if you are in good with your dealer Polaris will cover it. Hell they gave me new plastic out of warranty when mine cracked. They are well aware of the tranny problems.

Just out of curiosity what is your build date?

Old 11-16-2003, 08:34 PM
Range Rover

Bummer.
I was hoping that there was a link to that Paris Hilton video in this thread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Oh well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

sorry to disappoint you.

lol

Old 11-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShotgunMessiah
Bummer.
I was hoping that there was a link to that Paris Hilton video in this thread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Oh well.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

LOL yea i wanna see that video too.

Old 11-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well i figured it was a good title for the situation and i thot id get some views... lol

Quick Reply: THAR SHE BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!