Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris expansion

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris expansion

Don't know if people already know this, but Polaris has some pretty incredible R&D facility expansions going. A 96,000 square foot expansion to the Roseau based R&D. Now match that up with a $24 million...or was it 25, brand new facility in Wyoming, MN. Hmmmm, I wonder what all this added elbow room will bring. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I'm still betting a dirtbike. What better home for the Predator motor. They could offer it in the 440 and go Supercross!

Old 11-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Or heres a idea POLARIS give us scrammy riders a new updated one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Big bore EFI Scrammy with duels!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Christmas is just around the corner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

We can keep dreaming BBS

Old 11-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yes we do. I wish that some Polaris head honchos would read these forums. They could learn a thing or two

Old 11-21-2003, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

wow! Polaris is spending sooooooooooooooooooo much $$.

now i understand why their Snowmobiles are soooooo much more expensive then a Ski-Doo!(ProX2 700cc is $8300 vs MXZ 800cc at $7800)..... and a Camo Sportsman700 VS the competition in camo!

????????????????????????????????????????????????
- MT

Old 11-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

yea, now watch the parts prices go higher. I paid $ 16.00 CDn for a scrambler 90 fuel cap from my dealer. The little chunk of plastic was made in Tiawan, talk about a rip off. I phoned other dealers, same price. I could see if the cap was made out of billet aluminum, it was PLASTIC. The 90 will eventually get traded for a bigger quad, and I don't like getting screwed over. Keep the prices resonable and the scrammy will be replaced with another Polaris product, if not down the road it goes. No brand loyality here folks. Treat me good I'll be back, if you don't I won't be back.

Old 11-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

You said it Jett. I spend alot of money on these bikes and I like to have my a$$ kissed a little while doing it. Most im not saying all but most dealers are a rip off. The only way can get anything going is if are friends with the parts man or if its a big dealer that deals in such volume they dont care for the few bucks.

16 bones I would have told them to go jump off a bridge and figure out something else they all gotta be pretty standard as in other brands[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If you do some shopping around, in my area anyway, Polaris is the best bang for the buck. Predators have been going out the door for $4999. Hmmm, let's compare that with the other brands which are both around $7000. As technology expands, and the need for rapidly developing innovations, then getting them effectively to market, corporations realize the increased value of R&D. If you ever get the chance to hear what goes on behind the scenes to get one of these new machines developed, most would've thrown in the towel before a frame even get's finalized. Heck, just listening to some of the crap the accessory people deal with.....it's not that easy.

Old 11-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i agree, R@D is good..........in fact, i can't wait for that new Sportsman700 EFI to arrive! the day it hits the Dealers, i'll have one in my garage!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i can't wait to hit the throttle!(and get better MPG!)

-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris expansion