Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

beadlocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 09:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beadlocks

Anyone tried the ITP T-9 Pro Series beadlocks on the Scrammy? Thinking about getting a set and maybe some Mudlites. I've been having a problem with sand/pebbles in my beads and I'm tired of airing them up a lot or cleaning it out.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Range Rover
Default beadlocks

this may sound like a stupid question but...whats the difference between beadlocks and regular rims?

Old 11-29-2003, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default beadlocks

Originally posted by: 96trailblazer250
this may sound like a stupid question but...whats the difference between beadlocks and regular rims?
Beadlocks have a "plate" that goes on the outside of the tire bead---to keep from popping the bead and getting a flat...they are also more expensive.

I've got the MudLites and LOVE them! Awesome in the muck and mud and do good on hardpack as well....I've got Douglas .190 rims

I don't know how much beadlocks would help keeping pepples out, I'd say a good set of 6ply tires would benefit you more than beadlocks...maybe run a pound or two more air as well....

Old 11-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

The front Mudlites closest to stock size are 1" wider(unless I'm blind), notice any diference from that Rook?

Old 11-29-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default beadlocks

Nope no difference---and you are right, the 1" wider tire is as close to stock as you can get.

Old 11-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

How much did the set of Muds cost for your Scrammy? Need to replace my stock tires..probably should have when I got my Douglas .190s but I just needed to get rid of the dented POS factory wheels lol. Thanks Rook.

Old 11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default beadlocks

I got my wheels and tires together from RockyMountainATV...a little less than $400 shipped...

Old 11-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beadlocks

hey scramblerman i said the same thing about my stock rims but theyre pretty forgiving. i hit a bridge and dented them in(so they werent even round anymore lol) so i come home take out the hammer and oppened a can of whope a$$ on them. glad to say they're perfectly fine now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] o ya with a the regular dents i took a chisel and straighten them out look as good as new

Old 11-29-2003, 11:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default beadlocks

People that MX a lot would benefit more from beadlocks due to the aggressive sliding action that they put their machine through. Not only them, but people that rock crawl or go through some EXTREME terrain with a lot of sideways motion on the tires would benefit from beadlocks as well because they run low PSI and risk the bead popping off more often. But the normal or even aggressive trail rider would be fine without beadlocks. However, they add a lot of strenght to the rim as well as protect the bead

Old 11-30-2003, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default beadlocks

Sleeper, yeah I've hammered out plenty of them lol but I'd just rather get stronger ones then to keep pounding on the stock wobble wheels. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was thinking about beadlocks since I'm starting to do trail races and we have lots of stumps and logs around here and I love to slide hehe. Racing around the old gravel pits gets pebbles in my bead if I turn hard..but I think I'll try the Muds first since they're 6 ply and go to beadlocks if it still happens. Thanks for the input guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: beadlocks