Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STUPID HURTS!!! (Stupidest Thing You have ever done on an ATV)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2000, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I saw this on another ATV Forum and was laughing my tail off at some of the stories I read. So I thought it would be fun to do it here. I'll start with 2 stories I have.
About 10 years ago my cousin and I was riding a friends Suzuki Quadracer 250. We had been riding all day on the old logging trails. Finally we decided to head back home. On the way home is a pretty steep hill about 12 feet tall. Well my cousin decides to climb it with both of us on it. We made it, then we did it another time and made it. He decided to try it a thrid time. I told him to let me off, because the second time off I almost fell off. But he didnt. We get half way up the hill and the machine pulls the front up I go flying off the back, and for some stupid reason I grabbed my cousin to try and keep myself on. Well, needless to say we both went over backwards. The machine came down sorta sideways, and crushed my cousins ankle with the peg. I wasn't hurt. The machine suffered a bent handle bar, and my cousin could barely walk. After he went to the doctor he found out he had all but broke his ankle. Ouch. I tried to tell him. Heheh.
The next story I have is from just a few weeks ago. I was out riding with another guy in my town. We were riding the woods trails, and through fields. It has been raining alot. Well, we're on our way back when we pass this decent sized water hole. He told me to go through it, so I turn around and go about 20 feet past the hole turn around and gun it wide open. I hit the water hole and musta went from 30 to 5 in just a sec or 2. I went over the handle bars and right into a foot and a half of water and mud. It was damn funny. These guys were laughing at me pretty hard. The only thing hurting on me was my pride.

Now its your turn.

Old 06-21-2000, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This story is about as dumb and stupid as they come.

My brother John,my bro in law Mike and myself were riding our quads one day. John and I were not from around this area,Mike was.Everything was cruising along really well and we all come upon these railroad tracks.Mike said if we rode the side of the RR tracks that it would save us a few miles and get us to the Huckleberry Trail quicker.So we did.The side of these tracks got SO small that they actually angled in down towards a swamp if you did'nt hug the side of the tracks.It got SO narrow,we had to stop and pick the quads up and slide them back up closer to the side of the RR tracks just so we did'nt go down into the swamp below us.We decided that the side we were riding just got narrower and narrower if we continued,so we opted to pick these big hunks of quads up and turn them around and go back where we entered.Man,what a job.

All this time im thinking silently to myself,What will we do if a train starts towards us?After about 5 minutes my ears could'nt beleive what they were hearing,A TRAIN ON THESE TRACKS?We must act quickly.What do we do?We have only minutes to react.I quickly open a can of ''POPEYE'' brand spinach and down the whole thing.So I quickly stack all three quads on top of each other,Mike and Brother are sitting on top of the third quad as I quickly and dilegently lift them all to safety.

From that day on,I allways carry along some of the Sailors green stuff.LOL LOL LOL====Bill

Old 06-22-2000, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

It had been a pretty dry summer and I was riding around when I got to this mud bog that a guy built with his bulldozer to go through on his yamaha. I figured it had all dried up since it had caked over on the top. So I just kept goin through around 30 mph. I got to the middle and just sunk right in, I went flyin and landed right in a bush. I looked back and all I could see was the seat of my quad. Then about 5 minutes later this kid I know came along on his dirtbike and did the same thing. HAHA.

Old 06-22-2000, 01:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well one day me and my friend were out riding. And we found this body of water that looked like a puddle. There was a 10 feet high bank next to it. I dared my friend to jump his Honda 300 off the bank into the water. He wouldn't do it. Well I had my 220 Bayou and I was feeling like doing something dumb and I didn't care if i broke the quad in half. I got going like 20 mph and pulled back on the handle bars as I flew off the bank. While I was in the air I was thinking that the 220's shocks will probably explode when i hit the ground. Well it turned out that the ground was hiding under about seven feet of water. I was glad the quad floated. I had to swim it back to the bank and pull it over with his quad. It took about twenty minutes to get it going again. This was posibly the greatest thing I have ever done on an atv.

Old 06-22-2000, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Me and my cousin went riding one cold winter morning I had to use a blow-dryer to thaugh the throttle to keep it from sticking on my dads 400 explorer after we got done riding we went inside and later I went to put my dads 400 explorer up and the throttle stuck and I slammed a tree.

Old 06-22-2000, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

When I was younger, my brother and I had a 90 Honda Three Wheeler (a classic orginal). Needless to say, it got abused. My father bought the brake handles by the three pack because we broke so many of them. We were out riding one day and my brother tried to see how it would float in a pond with him on it. It did alright until the tippy three wheeler decided to turn over in the water. After dragging it to shore, he just fired it up and drove it home. When he got home, he told my dad what he did and my dad immediately checked the oil, which was full of an oil and water mixture. (Another two weeks being grounded ). Believe it or not, that machine is still running.

Old 06-22-2000, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Magnummudman - ATC 90 a classic. That was my first ride as well. Four years ago I started a search for one to restore and I found one last summer. 1974, second owner, original wam-u-less tires and running pretty well. Have not started the resto yet, but can't wait to dig in!!

Old 06-22-2000, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Loyal
That 90 ATC was a great machine. I think ours was a 76 model with the switchable high/low transmission. We do not still own it. It needed quite a bit of money put into it. I know who has it though and I rode it a few years ago. Kind of down on power anymore. Hope your restoration goes well, parts will be expensive. That is why we finally got rid of it.

Another good story on that old 90, my sister and I were going to the neighbors on a snowy afternoon. I went to cross a small bridge across a small ditch and did not get the right rear tire completely on the bridge. Into the water we went with the 3 wheeler on top of us. Fortunately, the ditch was only 2 foot deep and the 3 wheeler was light as hell. Damn that water was cold.

Old 06-22-2000, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

This spring a group of us went to Kentucky (land between the lakes). We were riding near the lake in a bunch of mud and I decieded to go around a stump at the waters edge. I could see the bottom and the water looked about 6" deep, until I started in! The hole was just as long as my Wolverine and about 4 feet deep. Well it turned upside down with me under it trying to find the bottom.

Old 06-26-2000, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

The stupidest thing i have ever done was when my freind and i were trying to pop wheelies on the rode(pavment)with his Bayou 220. I had the shifter down so the auto-clutch was engaged, had the engine fully reved and my foot sliped off the foot shifter, poped the front end up , I was on the ground and the 4-wheeler was draging the rear rack rolling down the hill by its self. Every thing was ok but I brused my tailbone prety bad, I had trouble walking for the next week.

Quick Reply: STUPID HURTS!!! (Stupidest Thing You have ever done on an ATV)