Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Maxis Raz'rs or Holeshot XCT? Whats better..I need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxis Raz'rs or Holeshot XCT? Whats better..I need help!!

this may be alittle off, but the last review between the maxxix, itp, also had the Kenda Klaws in and they seem to spank the razzors and holeshots in just about every situation. They might be a good idea especially for a scrambler

Old 12-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about ALL the Holeshot tires, but the MX tires are very soft rubber. They grip very well but don't last at all. The Razors are a little harder compound rubber. They have great durability but tend to slip a little more on the hard pack. I can't afford to be replacing tires a lot, so I go with the Razors.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Lot's of people are saying that the holeshots have limited life and durability. This is true if you are looking at the holeshot MX's. You are not. The Holeshot XCT's are INCREDIBLY durable and they will not show wear at all for a VERY long time unless you ride on a lot of paved roads. I'm talking like you could ride every weekend for two years and still have pretty good tread. The holeshot design will get better traction in nearly any situation. You mentioned that the tread design is very similar, and it is. The only 'noteable' difference is the spacing between the lugs. The razr's lugs are spaced very far apart wich causes them to not have as much contact with the ground which is why they always slip. They are also more suseptable to punctures because of this. The only good thing about the design is that the lugs are so far apart they don't pack-up as bad when in mud. This may be a good thing for you. Someone mentioned the razr II's, I have no experience with them- but I do know that they cost a small fortune and they absolutly weigh a ton. If price is much of a concern and you're not riding in sharp rocks alot, consider the holeshot XC's. These are the original design, they are lighter at 4ply, they are slightly softer therefor the get better traction, and you can get them at most places for under $50 each. I've had a pair of these on my 250R for a year now and they still have great tread and hook up is excellent. I've had alot of experience with Holeshots and razr's, and the only way that I would like the razr's would be if my only other experience was bouncy a$$ ballon tires- then I'd love them. I honestly don't know how they keep saleing them, oh wait a minute, yes I do-- it's great advertisment. Remember all of the tests in the magazines on the Predator when it first came out? Nearly all of them said the same thing in a round about way-- 'It spins too much but this can be fixed with new tires.' Hello! It comes with Razr's! Can you tell I don't like razr's? Oh well, you'll still get what YOU want in the end-- and this is good. I hope you like what you get.

JP

P.S. When my Holeshots wear out, I think I'll try the Kenda's. I've heard good things.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Well shoot...ya the reason I was leaning towards the maxxis is because of tread life...I thought that the XCT would hold up just about as long..I like the holeshot..I might go with those...The thing is..should I run the XC 4 ply or the XCT 6 ply..I mean I like the 6 ply because it gives you that extra durability..I mean were I ride..you get a flat,,, your screwed unless you have some plugs and some co2 tanks...but I also don't want my quad to be riding like a wagon either..So what do you think the XC 4's or the XCT 6's???? I do mostly just trailriding...and some trails (not lots) but some are kindof rocky..