Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New Polaris Oil Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Polaris Oil Question

Hi all. I just picked up our new limited edition Trail Blazer 250. I noticed in the online owners manual that it says to continue to use the VES II oil that is used during the initial tank and premix. I also recal reading here that some of you recommend the Polaris gold. Any differences one way or the other?

Old 12-22-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have used the gold since day one.I still run it in my race mod pre-mixed with NO problems.

Old 12-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

I am lookin into gettin one of the LE Trailblazers. What did you pay for it? Does it come with the aluminum rims? I use Castrol 2 cycle injector oil. Made for air cooled motorcycles. I use Amsoil when I can get it on sale. According to my mechanic (after twisting his arm and bribing him) you can use any 2 cycle oil as long as it is made for air cooled motorcycle engines with injector systems.

Old 12-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not to say that anyone is right or wrong but you really need to watch what you use in the Polaris oil injection. The reason why Polaris says to use thier oil is because it has a low parrafin/ low wax content. If you change to another brand you would be risking the chance that the brand has a higher parrafin content thus making it a greater chance to clog an injector. I dont understand why anyone would want to change to another brand anyways. Polaris oil works best in Polaris engines or they would not use it and stand behind it. Yes the synthetic is more expensive but if you really think about it you dont use all that much anyways. I ride alot just about every weekend and I go through about 1 gallon every year. Thats pretty cheap insurance to me. The oil injection jet is very small and all it takes is a teensey,tiny little bit of build up to to cook a motor. You cant go wrong with the Polaris oil. If you premix then just about any brand would work.

Old 12-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

This is the only reason I don't mind using another type of oil. Polaris does not manufacture or refine petroleum products. They do not make their oil. It is made by another oil company to Polarises specs which have to meet certain purity standards. If those standards are met or exceeded by another manufacturer then whose the wiser. The Castrol I buy looks suspiciously a lot like Polaris brand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2003, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

I went to the polaris dealer the other day to get some Polaris Premium Gold oil and they don't make it anymore. Instead they have the Ves II which is supposedly the same deal as the Premium gold.

I have used the Premium Gold in my Scrammy since it was new and have never had any problems with it.

Old 12-23-2003, 02:29 AM
Pro Rider

So 2manytoys do you need to clean your oil jet now and then if so is it in the carb? also are there any changes that should be made to my injector I just put on a hpd pipe and milling the head 25 thou.?

Old 12-23-2003, 11:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Most liekely you dont have to do anything to the oil jet. It just is not a chance I would want to take. The jet is in the cylinder jug but I think the new ones are in the carb. You should not have to change anything with the injector because it works on rpm's. The only thing you have to do with a pipe change is the jetting on the carb.

Old 12-24-2003, 07:43 AM
vig
Range Rover

dont let anyone kid you I have used just about every kind of two stroke in my trailboss and scrambler, and havent had any problems. The only thing i nioticed is some oils smoke more than others. You do have to be careful when mixing different oils though. Test a little in a cup before adding thats what i do. I have never used polaris oil in either of my machines. Now my ski doo snowmobile has powervalves and I did notice they clooged up using aftermarket or cheap oil, so I do use bombardier oil in that. Good luck

Old 12-24-2003, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Mixing different brands of oil may cause a jelling effect.Have saw this in a few Polaris atv's .There should be no problem as long as you use one brand and not mix them..Just my two cents...HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE MOUNTAINS OF WEST VIRGINIA...We have a big ride scheduled for weekend after Christmas..RIDE HARD--RIDE SAFE...

Quick Reply: New Polaris Oil Question