Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Swingarm Pivot Maint.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Swingarm Pivot Maint.

Been getting quite a few e-mails asking about the Predator 25 hr maint on the swingarm bearings. You have to completely take the swingarm out, not just grease the bolt. It's an easy job, get a Polaris Maint. manual for reference on the proceedure and torqs. You need to slip out the bearings (2 on each side) to thoroughly clean an grease them. It's not a bad idea to keep a extra set of the seals and bushings in your toolbox, to replace those which might be worn.

Warning: If you don't do this on a regular basis, you'll be sorry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ride 'em hard, but be sure to maintain 'em.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

KEN, Did you ever think about putting grease fittings on the swingarm? Well, I will come up with a way to put grease zerks on and mod the bushing so the grease gets in.
Has anyone tried this yet??? I do know someone who might be able to make the bushings I need.

One last thing: how do you seem to post everthing my working on or just worked on.It just seems that evertime you come on the forum to write about some new part or just up-keeping the quad,it is just what I did or what I about to do .
KEEP IT UP, WE ALL APPRECIATE IT!!!!!
thank you
MATT @ TEAM BRICKTUCKY

Old 01-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

how long does it take to do the maint on the swing arm? And Modquad, I need a set of front plastics and I'm sure you have a set laying around. Want to sell a set?

Old 01-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

NJRIPpER where is marlton N.J.
I'm in brick whch is in ocean county

Old 01-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Trailblazer

I live right off of rt73 by the rt 70/rt73 circle, ya know the circle where the famous Olga's Diner is. Brick is about an hour I guess. I'll meeet up with you anytime, shoot me an e-mail jduffy277@msn.com. Later

Old 01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks Matt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We all learn from each other. Since there's two bearings on each side, a zerk could be installed by splitting the difference and drilling in the middle. It's one of my winter projects. Making sure to debur the inside, as well as making sure the zerk doesn't protrude into the bearing area. A tapered aviation style "flush" high-pressure fitting might work also.

NJ The job isn't bad. Although I have had to "stretch" my frame ever so slightly each time w/ a bottle jack, to re-install. Just take your time. I'm sorry to say the plastic that I have is gonna stay, other than a yellow set for the Sport, that's available.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

maintenance on the swingarm every 25 hours? first time ive heard anyone talk about this hehe, can someone fill me in on what i need to do?

Old 01-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You should've read your owner's manual. Ooops [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Get yourself a maint. manual from your dealer, it'll walk you right through the process, including the correct torques. It will pay for itself in a hurry.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

okay thanks

Old 01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

i got a few questions about this now hehe. okay, i have an 04 predator, and an 03 maintenance manual, the 04 swingarm was shortened, but can i still use the same maintenance manual to do this pivot thing? and also, i looked through the manual and saw nothing on swingarm pivot maintenance, could anyone tell me what section its in?

Quick Reply: Predator Swingarm Pivot Maint.