Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Highly recommended plow accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highly recommended plow accessories

I would highly recommend 2 accessories for those who use a straight plow on their ATVs. They are the Rubber blade flap and the Blade end shield. We bought them over a year ago and finally had the chance to install and use them this year and I must say they really help cut down plow time for those picky people who want a clean driveway.

Our setup has the Blade end shield on the left side of the plow to help keep the snow coming off the right with minimal spillover to the left. The rubber flap helps to keep that annoying powder snow from flying up in your face and maybe even add some height to your blade when pushing the longer hauls.

We have a 250 x 20ft driveway with a 50 X 60ft patch that we clear out in front of the garage, and I’m amazed how clean you can get it in a hurry. I swear I can almost do all of it plus a pass in front and in back of the house and paths out to the utility box and Burn barrel in the time it would take me to shovel the front and back of the house.

The above attachments have helped keep a cleaner driveway in less passes due to the End shield holding more snow from spilling out the side into the path you may have just cleaned.

Now all I have to do is get a remote blade angle setup and to find a way to keep the skids from flipping around after the first good skip of the blade over a bump.

Hope this is useful to those of you who plow with their ATVs. My blade of choice is the Cycle Country with the manual lift.

Sounds like I get to do it again because they just forecast 7” of snow for today and another 7” tomorrow. 