Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

clutch spring

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch spring

cant figure out where the spring goes. Its an orange spring that came with the rcr kit. On http://www.partsland.com/index.cgi?N...AIL-BLAZER-250 does it go on the drive clutch or the driven clutch. I think it goes on the drive clutch and my dad says it goes on the driven clutch. thanks for the help

Old 01-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default clutch spring

I am pretty sure that Rick only addresses the Primary spring with the kit. That would affect the clutch engagement, not the secondary spring. So I am going to say that its the primary spring. Didn't the kit include any instructions?

Old 01-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clutch spring

it goes on the drive clutch if the spring is big just look at the one u can see there now and if the size matches up it goes there

Old 01-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Default clutch spring

If the spring is flat on the ends it goes in the primary.If it is big and has a tit on both ends its a secondary.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch spring

ya it goes on the drive but it will be small like ftwfth said. didnt it come wit directions??

Old 01-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch spring

Thanks. Ya the kit included instructions, but i have managed to lose them in under a week. i think i threw them out. thanks again for the help, i hope i wont run into ne more problems.

Old 01-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch spring

be careful wen taken apart the clutch setup. make sure there is two people doin it at all times. me and my dad did it and one person needs to hold it down and one needs to tighten the bolts because the new spring is stiff. while u got it apart if u got an air compressor use the air attachment and blow all the dirt out of it.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default clutch spring

Originally posted by: tbsleeper
be careful wen taken apart the clutch setup. make sure there is two people doin it at all times. me and my dad did it and one person needs to hold it down and one needs to tighten the bolts because the new spring is stiff. while u got it apart if u got an air compressor use the air attachment and blow all the dirt out of it.
I wish i can work with my dad but we dont seem to get along with each other when it comes down to quads...

Old 01-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default clutch spring

well same here but i have him come in and hold it for me wen i put it together. me and him are the mechanics of the family. i help him work on cars and he helps me work on my quad. like i dont have him there the whole time only when i need another set of hands like for the clutches or when i put my cylinder back together i need someone to help me guide it into place. just ask him to come in once u got the new spring in and hold the top down while u put the nuts on.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default clutch spring

been there done that it never happends....I have to call my best friend to come over and help me do thing that takes 2 people and also if he wants to help me get things done .......

Quick Reply: clutch spring