Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Nerfs for Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerfs for Predator?

I don't like the look of the Rath racing setup. They just come to too much of a point at the front. I like the design of the WhiteBros'/Extreme Fabrication Nerfs how they swoop in to look more like a conventional nerf bar.

Heres a link to what they look like.
Nerfbars

All I've seen is the Rath nerfs, and the Purepolaris. Does anyone have any pics of the DG's or AC's? I really want the AC's. Thats what I had on my Raptor, and really liked them. Can someone give me some opinions of which are good, and don't look ugly? Thanks.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

I have the DG Alloys and like them very much. If I was buying new ones it would definately be the Pro-Armor setup with integrated heel guards.

Old 02-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Trailblazer

I have the Pro Armor nerfs. They run about 175 bucks from Rocky Mountain. They have the rear kick ups and I like them a lot.

Check them out

Old 02-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys.

Brent do you have any pics of the DG's on your pred? Does anyone have pic of the AC's on a Predator?

Old 02-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

I'll take some pics for you. BTW mine cost about the same as the Pro Armors. You should REALLY consider them instead.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

THose pro armor Nerfs --DO they screw into the plastics like the stock heel guards.If not what brand if any do.
also ,DOSN"T any oe make aluminum HEEL GUARDS that blot onto the plastics,and the foot peg.
I know RATH makes Heel guards but, they only Bolt onto ONE HOLE in the rear plastics,It would seen to me that, that wold allow the rear plastics to viberate and crack easier.ALSO only one bolt takes away one of the supports the rear plastics.I don't know about all of ou but, I like having the feelng of strong NON flexing Plastics under my legs.

Old 02-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

One thing to consider when shopping for nerfs is if you're going to be adding the CFM large capacity oil tank. The Pure Polaris nerfs fit great with this unit. I think it was the AC nerfs that had a tank clearance problem....anyone out there running into problems?

IMS makes some serious duty bolt on aluminum heel guards. They bolt to the plastic in two places.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

The Pro Armors use both rear fender bolts.

I have some Rath heel guards on the way and am hoping they support the fender well enough. Also hoping the cromemoly (SP) subframe is an easy swap.

Old 02-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

I get a very generous discount at the Polaris shop I go to, so I can get the DG's/AC's much cheaper than the listing price RockyMtn gives for the DG's/Pro-armors. But I'm curious to see how the AC's and DG's are designed. The WhiteBro's/Extreme Fab are the best looking Nerfs I've seen so far for the Predator. I like the way they swoop in at the front(unlike the Rath/PurePolaris/DG's)

Old 02-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: brent87LT1
The Pro Armors use both rear fender bolts.

I have some Rath heel guards on the way and am hoping they support the fender well enough. Also hoping the cromemoly (SP) subframe is an easy swap.
You'll have to let us know how those Heel Guards are Brent. That seemed like an outragious list price for the Rath guards. Hopefully they're built VERY well. Cromemoly frame sounds pretty darn cool though. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Nerfs for Predator?