Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Need Help With 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 02:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With 4WD

Hey Everyone. I'm new to this forum and I need some help. I just bought a 1994 Polaris 400L and found some problems with it already. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that these machines had True Four Wheel Drive. My right front wheel usually does not have power to it. Once in a while it will kick in and out but most of the time it does not spin. I also have a 2000 Xpedition 325 with a similar problem. When going through mud holes or whatever, the 4wd doesn't kick in and or course I get stuck. Then just before the rear tires stop spinning the font tires lock up, but by now it's too late and I'm stuck. Has anybody else had this problem or know what might be wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

First thing I would try is changing the hub fluid - dirty hub fluid is the most common problem with the AWD not working right. Depending on the condition of your fluid, you may have to change it several times to get it cleaned up - change it, ride it a bit, then change it again.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

If the fluid changing dosen't work you could have a bad wire conection to the coil, especial being that the it dose alot of moving around that area, i have riped right trough one of my wires and then i just soldered it and put a heat shink over it. also put a flexable rubber hose around the wire on both sides. cuz it really suck when one side is out, almost uusless.