Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dynaport pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 01:06 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, who has a dynaport? They sent e-mail to me and said no clutch kit, or jets needed. They say the stock ones are rich enough. The question is on my 98 Explorer they said 9hp. and that the reason it didn't need a clutch kit was it only extends the power band 200 rpm's. They said it makes tons of torque.

Old 07-10-2000, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Can't really comment on the jets, but as for the clutch kit...well. Like they say, clutching is not "needed". But you will not notice much without it. Some pipes actually make the bike perform worse when installed with out a clutch kit. Mike Chero wrotew a segment on why this is. Very good reading if you get the chance check it out at http://www.quadreviews.com/performan...lutch_tips.htm.

Old 07-10-2000, 10:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a dynaport pipe on my 99 sport its a great pipe fit was perfect perormance not sure of becouse i all so added v force reeds then clutch kit i would give it a try

Old 07-10-2000, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Well all I have to say is first of all LURCH77: I have had a DynoPort on my 400 Scrambler for about a year now and here is what I think and now of from experience!

1. Easiest pipe to install
2. Night and Day diffence once installed
3. Easily adds HP, (unbelievable)
4. Call them and they will explain everything to you, the number is: 315.253.9631
5. Oh and by the way, I ordered it on a Thursday and got the pipe on Friday at 2:00PM. Beat that!

Chuck (99 Scrambler 400, DG Bumper, DynoPort Pipe, New Jets, K&N, ITP Holeshots on Douglas .190's, and a few other mods coming soon!)

Old 07-10-2000, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

If it's the easiest pipe to install, how many different pipes have you installed? Of course you are going to see a little power increase, but until you ride a clutched bike, you will never know the potential of your bike. Just because you recieved it the next dasy does not make me want to try one. A clutch kit is easily the best bang for your buck modification. HPD's kit is $80, I didn't think I needed one with my previous pipe kit, but a few forum members assured me I would be amazed by it, so I tried it, and I wish I had bought it a year ago when I got my quad.

Old 07-10-2000, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

I have rode many quads including (I installed) LRD piped with clutch kits and Hot Seat (there pipe is a joke unless the finally fixed it to fit correctly). I raced my fiances brother who has his clucthed, ported, and the LRD pipe, he only beats me in a quarter mile by 1 quad length, and in the hundred yards I beat him by about a half. So where does your experience speak from with only having a HPD?? You seem to be in question of certain things well then why dont you call DynoPort yourself and learn a few things? (Just out of curiousity you know?)

Chuck (99 Scrambler and that is all that needs said!!!)

Old 07-10-2000, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer

Could I just put the dyna-port on now and put an HPD clutch on there later? I figured if it runs only 200rpm's above stock , then a stock clutch kit would work. What do you guys think????????

Old 07-10-2000, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have also had an RcR Stage 1 kit on my bike. It was removed to install the HPD equipment. It sounds like you are probably a more experienced rider. Have you ever timed yourself on a drag or track on both bikes a couple times and taken the average time? I think you would be surprised with the results of the clutched bike.

Old 07-10-2000, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

do they make a pipe for the trailblazer?

Old 07-11-2000, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

yeh I think so! Look and see www.dynoport.com

Quick Reply: Dynaport pipe!