Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004 | 02:33 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default need some help!

I have a few unanswered questions?

1) what do you all think about gbc mudsharks for the pred?
2) if my stock rear tire size is 20x11x9 will anything occur by going to a 21x12x9?
3) what is a good front tire comparable to the stock fronts but also for a good price?

I dont race at all Im just looking into taking my stock tires that are studded and putting them away for the winter and buying a new set for the summer I would like to stay comparable to the stock fronts but get something different for the rears seeing as I live in southeastern wisconsin the weather around here changes every day in other words a rear tire for all types of terrain last but not least best bang for the buck!............................................. .............................thanks

Old 03-03-2004 | 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default need some help!

I'm not a huge tire freak, I don't know a lot about the different tires on the market. On my sport I had Maxxis razr's on the front and the rear. These were the older style of the razr, but I thought the front tires hooked up way better than the stock pred tires, and the rear tires were good too.

Old 03-03-2004 | 06:17 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default need some help!

bradracer yeah Im thinking of getting the maxxis front pro xgt which are basically our stock tires I can get them for $32.00 a piece and for as much riding as I do and the type of riding I do I dont think its worth paying a lot of money for a set of fronts however for the rears thats is been my ? a along what is a good rear for the pred for hardpack,muddy trails,snow,sand here and there its been a toss up between the gbc mudsharks the itp blackwaters or the puresports realators what would be the best choice?

Old 03-03-2004 | 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default need some help!

I have only had experience with the realators. They hook up great, because they have huge lugs, but they also take a lot of power to spin.

Old 03-04-2004 | 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default need some help!

Ok, for your rear tires,,,ya you can get one inch bigger on the overall diameter and on the width....just have to keep your rim size the same with the tire...I heard the mudsharks are pretty good..I don't know how they are on the pred...But I can tell you about the realtors...I have some realtors on my scrammy 500....I love them so far...I do a lot of trail riding and they grip really well in dirt and also good on packed dirt...In my opinion they are the best tire for everything....after trail riding you want to go riding in the snow or sand...just rotate your rear tires and the tread pattern works great for paddles....the realtors are a all in one tire.. the only negative is they have a little weight to them...for one of my tires (22x12x10) it was right around 20 pounds..just for the tire...but thats my two cents..good luck and happy shopping for some tires!

Old 03-04-2004 | 05:09 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default need some help!

Originally posted by: quadracer18
Ok, for your rear tires,,,ya you can get one inch bigger on the overall diameter and on the width....just have to keep your rim size the same with the tire...I heard the mudsharks are pretty good..I don't know how they are on the pred...But I can tell you about the realtors...I have some realtors on my scrammy 500....I love them so far...I do a lot of trail riding and they grip really well in dirt and also good on packed dirt...In my opinion they are the best tire for everything....after trail riding you want to go riding in the snow or sand...just rotate your rear tires and the tread pattern works great for paddles....the realtors are a all in one tire.. the only negative is they have a little weight to them...for one of my tires (22x12x10) it was right around 20 pounds..just for the tire...but thats my two cents..good luck and happy shopping for some tires!
quadracer18 thanks for the input I also heard from rocky mountain atv that pure sports is relocating there manufacturing plant so it might be tough to get a set right now but thanks again