Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

whats next???

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats next???

i got all of this stuff below on my trail blazer and what should i get next for perfomance

---------------
PERFOMANCE
.25 over head, (getting a clutch spring)
K&N filter, DG exhaust ( for now)
12t 36t sprokets,
back--titan 489 xts front--maxxis razors,
shade perfomance trans, D.I.D chain,
armor tech belt, newer model tie rod ends
----------------
PROTECTION
skid plate, bash gaurd,
stronger back caliper holder
---------
LOOKS
scott grips, neon shifter, proburner lights,
cut fenders, removed floor boards ( makin aluminum
dimond plate ones), painted bumper,handler bars,rims

Old 03-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default whats next???

Where do i start??? Shave the fly wheel,porting get rid of that DG crap ASAP!!!Good pipe and roller clutch... You could go with a reed conversion thats were the real power is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats next???

reed conversion is where the power is its also where the money is too i looks at a price of one onces and didnt bother to give it a 2nd look lol but yea the dg is crap and i plan on gettin rid of it this summer so i think race lighting the fly wheel is the next thing im going to do... hmmm i woder what they do to it.. does anyone know??? put it on a lathe and take some extra metal off?

Old 03-03-2004, 10:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default whats next???

They can shave a little off and you can keep your electric start or they can take a lot off and no electric start.. I am not sure how they do it though probably a lathe or milling machine...

I here ya on the price of the reed conversion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] porting and lighting the fly wheel will help a lot..

Old 03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats next???

lol electric start didnt have that in about a half a year so i prob can live without it

Old 03-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default whats next???

then go full race lighting, i strongly suggest porting as well, it really wakes up a 2 stroke..

Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Range Rover
Default whats next???

Here is a little scoop on race lightening the 250 flywheel. You can only take off about 1 lb. I have taken off more like the 400's do on the race lightening. And this is what happened. Every time I started the quad with the pull start the motor fired and ran backwards. Don't ask me how if you are spinning the motor over clockways why did it fire and spin in revers. Well you dont have enuff rotating weight to keep it going along with having 75lb comression. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong because it ran great but when I put it in forward it was in revers. Let me tell you it threw me for a loop. So a word of addvice only lighten it up max 1 lb.
AZ BAD BOYZ

Old 03-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default whats next???

thanks for the info. and daily rider you got some nice machines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i check them out on da az bad boyz site. and just wondering how much money you got in all of them?? it seems to be alot!

Old 03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Range Rover
Default whats next???

I do alot of testing on these to get them where people can see different set ups. Yes there is alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in them. But in the long run I have made the $ back buy building other quads for other people.
AZ BAD BOYZ

Old 03-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default whats next???

well if u don't feel like taking the engine all the way apart, buying a bigger carb will help quite a bit, and from what i've heard from some ppl with really pimped out 250 trailblazers is not to get the reed converstion becuase its not worth all the money, for $1446.43 though it includes (Porting, head mod, pipe, muffler, boring, piston, gaskets, clutch kit, carb kit, air filter, reed and gaskets.) though u have quite a bit of the stuff alrready, so if i were you, i would bore it and put a wiseco, and next big thing is cutting off part if not all the floorboards and having footpegs and after that is getting all aluminum rims, and newer tires, save upwards to 25 to 30 lbs!!!