Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 700 EFI? (How are they holding up?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 700 EFI? (How are they holding up?)

I just put down a deposit on a 700 EFI. I am picking it up from Polaris of Chattanooga in April.
Has anyone heard how they are holding up? Any probems?
I am a little nervous because of the problems that I have had with the 2002 SP700, which Polaris now ownes again.
Anyways, any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am also in the process of purchasing an EFI 700 and would appreciate any input from those that have one. Thanks!

Old 03-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my EFI about a week and half ago. Its my first atv purchase and I like it alot. Seems to have a lot of power. Starts easily no matter how cold it is. I've only put about 45 miles on it so far but I like it. Seems like it might use alot of gas though I've only been getting 25 miles to a tank but I've been runnin' it in heavy snow and now in heavy mud. Fun ride no problems yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 700EFI
I bought my EFI about a week and half ago. Its my first atv purchase and I like it alot. Seems to have a lot of power. Starts easily no matter how cold it is. I've only put about 45 miles on it so far but I like it. Seems like it might use alot of gas though I've only been getting 25 miles to a tank but I've been runnin' it in heavy snow and now in heavy mud. Fun ride no problems yet.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
It might just be that your bike is new. When I first got my bike, I thought it was using a lot of gas, but now that I have some miles on it, it seems to be using a good bit less gas. Recently I rode for about 20 miles over a lot of rocks, and a little mud. I only used a little over half a tank. You have EFI, so you should be ok once you get some miles on your bike.

Old 03-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought my EFI about 6 weeks ago. I have 140 miles on it with no trouble at all. I couldn't ask for a better ride with all the power I need. Starts with no trouble the first time. You should love it.

TradedHorses

Old 03-06-2004, 04:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

EFI = FANTASTIC

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply's fellers. I will let you all know how she does when I get her...

Thanks

Old 03-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

I've had my 700 EFI for 2 months now and no problems at all. I have 260 miles on mine with 14 hours on the motor. My only complaint is when changin oil you have to pour 2 quarts of oil into a hole no wider than my middle finger!!!!!!!!!! You have to have a small funnel( i used a paper funnel from a gas station) to get the oil into the sump. I didnt care for the carlisle badlands tires in the snow so I bought an extra set of mud/snow tires. Otherwise the quad is awesome in everyway.

Old 03-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not buying one, but went to check it out. Rode the atv, sweet throttle response and smooth, very quick bike.
My dealer also showed me a dvd that polaris sent to the dealers, showed how the efi system worked and had some footage of the atv in action, pretty sweet system. I"m sure this is just the beginning.

Old 03-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

had mine about a month and a half. No troubles, starts up no matter what the temp. Lots of power and great ride. I've been using mine to push brush into pile on my land and it works excellent. Can't say enough good about it so far.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 700 EFI? (How are they holding up?)