Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got my predator today!-->Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my predator today!-->Questions!!

First of all I love it!!! It is really muddy out because the snow just melted, but its still fun. I am lovin it.

- what is the load noise when you let off the gas? Is it the chain or gears or what?

-I was looking through the owners manual for the hell of it, and I seen the part about cleaning the spark arrestor in the pipe. Has anybody taken there's out? Would it be better or worse or make no diffrence at all?

-I will probobly figure it out myself, but I wanna ask, what are all my opitions for more HP and speed? jets, cams, pipes, air intake? pleas let me know. I gotta have as much speed as possilble.

-Do most people stick with the thumb throttle or switch to twist? I guess I don't really care.

- How do you keep the front end on the ground?!!!!!!

So far I love the machine! I am wondering if it will get even better after break-in. I have been riding it pretty hard, hope thats ok. They say break it in like you are going to drive it, so thatw what I am doing. I broke in my new sled at some radar runs, and that thing is really fast, so hopefully I sill have the same effects with this machine!

Old 03-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

that noise is the chain... a new chain loosens very quickly so id check it... you want about 1/2 of play.
i never cleaned ym spark arrestor.. but i am sure after a while carbon will build up and a cleaning wouldnt hurt it.
a slip-on and a k&n.. cant go wrong with either.
i like my thumb throttle.. twist is for them 2 wheeler type people.
my front end seems to stay planted pretty nice.. unless i want it to come up.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Is it a 04 predator. The reason why I ask is because the front end come up easier on the 04s then the 03s.This is because the 04 have a shorter swingarm.
As for it getting faster as it brakes in--My 04 has been ridden hard from day one and after 2-1/2 months Itnow seems like it got faster.I've raced people when I frist got it and did O.k ,maybe just pass them or even beat by them.I haven't done any real engine mods and now that it is broken in it rips up everyone I've raced before.
This Must be because it has been ridden fast from day one and taken care of every oil change on time.
So if you ask me they do get abit faster as they brake in if taken care of !!!
Thank you
Matt

Old 03-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer

I heard the same noise when I bought my Pred. It goes away quickly. Hozed hit it on the head with a filter and pipe. But I wouldn't run a K&N, I would go with a foam filter. I think the K&N let to much dirt get by. Have fun with your new ride!!!

Old 03-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

Thanks guys. has anyone done any jetting? I will probobly wait until it breaks in a little bit before I start with the mods, but I want to figure out what I am going to do right now.

Old 03-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I am running a clamp on k&n twin pipes and jetted at 175 mj and 45 pilot stk, and needle on the 5th clip and it is running like a raped ape!! that is at 50 degrees