Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trailblazer 400 counterbalance

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer 400 counterbalance

In October I had a new counterbalance put in my 400. I rode less than 75 miles before I winterized and put it away. I checked the cb oil when I winterized it and the oil looked ok. I got it out last weekend and rode around the yard a little and then pulled it into the garage to check things over. The cb oil was milky. Could this have been caused by condensation from sitting all winter? Has anyone had trouble getting water in the cb oil through the oil injector pump? I noticed that the gasket on the pump cover was only sealing about 75% of the surface. If it was antifreeze shouldn't I be able to smell a hint of antifreeze in the oil? Sorry so many questions. Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:22 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Drain it then run it a little then drain it again until it is clear again.Make sure you fix the gasket that is leaking ,then keep an eye on it and see if it get's milky again.If it does then your seal is gone.I really don't think condensation would cause this.I may be wrong though.I hope for your sake that it is though.

Old 03-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do like CED said. But depending on where you live condensation could cause it to get milky.And yes if it is antifreeze it would smell and taste like it some.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Range Rover

Hi guys,
Im in the middle of changing my seals on the cb. i have the fly wheel off and Im down to the bolt on the crank shaft that holds the case on. How do I get it off? Just beat it until it comes off? any suggestions?

Thanks,

Old 03-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

A friend of mine owns a shop and I borrowed his socket.

Old 03-11-2004, 09:07 AM
CED
Pro Rider

If it's the slotted nut it is left hand threads.You should be able to get it with a punch.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

Here is the update:

Its going to Polaris in the morning. I cant budge the bolt. They said $20 and they will knock it off. I have to pick up the rest of the parts tomorrow anyway so i have to go back and pick it up.

Then tomorrow night i can get it back together depending on parts.

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2004, 06:56 PM
Range Rover

I had to make my own socket. And used a gun to get it off. (damaged the socket but got it off) Now need to remanufacture the socket to make it stronger. Also where did you get your seals? Dealership? In stock? Also how are you getting the counterballance out? Is the Dealer going to pull that for you also? Or did you make a special puller for that / or buy it from the dealer?

Old 03-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Quad Patrol

If the counterbalance isnt bad he wont have to take it out.Just the water pump and seal.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

Scrambleme,
I didnt know I needed a puller. Some people on here said you dont. I dont use the oil injector so does that make a difference? Also does the bearing need to be pressed off? Some are saying yes and some no. I should have taken it to the dealer and had them do it. Then I wouldnt be worried about all this special tools and stuff.

let me know if you think it will come out. Im going to replace the bearing too.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer 400 counterbalance