Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Bogus Information, too good to be true.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 08:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogus Information, too good to be true.

I read a thread a while back titled "water pump and crank case question??". Someone had brought up this Company that sold parts for a lot of different small engines. In my case I was looking for seals for the Scrambler 400 bottom end. This is the Quote; "You can get a complete seal kit for the engine (incl waterpump seals) for $13 w/shipping here: PSEP I don't think you can touch this price anywhere else."

So I went to the web site (http://www.psep.biz/store/polargasket_seals.htm) And there it was Quote; "Oil Seal Sets

Oil Seals have a high chromium content stainless steel alloy spring
for maximum performance and corrosion resistance

These sets include all oil seals necessary to rebuild the engine and
transmission including output shaft, water pump, clutch, shift and starter
seals."

Hook line and sinker, I ordered it and recieved it today. The kit included three seals. Not enough for the engine let alone the tranny. Called to complain and he said he would refund my money and that the discription he gives is what the Winderosa company gives him. Now I still think the price of seals and shipping is fair, but it isn't what was described and now after waiting a week for shipping I have to wait another for polaris to order the others I need and of course spend more for the missing seals. I just thought others should know what to expect because I don't think they will change thier discription. Thanks for reading. PS, there were no water pump seals.