Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Thinking of ditching the...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of ditching the...

SuperTrapp (even though I really like the sound and look) and going with an HPD pipe and clutch....Getting my bonus at the end of the month and don't want the money to burn a hole in my pocket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I know what BBS is gonna say....but I need just a little more prodding to make the purchase. I might pick up a steering stabilizer and chain tensioner while I'm at it, anyone have a steering stabilizer from HPD?

Should I go ahead and order from HPD's website or give Rick Ritter a call first and see what he can do? Anyone have Rick's Scrammy pipe?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Rook, I actually ordered my HPD pipe and clutch kit from Rick, as well as my HPD superduty buttons for the secondary clutch. Total cost for shipping was only $9[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Let me ask you this before you make the purchase. Do you need/want a spark arrestor? I have been lucky to get away without it, but I dont how the DNR are in your neck of the woods? Any particular reason why you want to ditch the Supertrapp? Also, look into the HPD airbox mod. The chain tensionor is a great idea. I was actually gonna get a steering Damper, but used the money to pick up some ITP T-9 wheels for the scram. I still want one though. I believe that Modquad runs one on his sport

Old 03-23-2004, 12:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Also, have you talked to Trailrider before you decide to purchase?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Read this post

This is what my scrambler is like after the mods have been removed...

No power is all i can say without mods, they really do help, not trying to talk you into anything i don't care where you get them from they WORK! The HPD pipe and clutch turn the scrambler into a different machine its hard to believe what that thing was like stock.. Before i could just tap the throttle and the front end would lift now nothing...

Old 03-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
Rook, I actually ordered my HPD pipe and clutch kit from Rick, as well as my HPD superduty buttons for the secondary clutch. Total cost for shipping was only $9[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Let me ask you this before you make the purchase. Do you need/want a spark arrestor? I have been lucky to get away without it, but I dont how the DNR are in your neck of the woods? Any particular reason why you want to ditch the Supertrapp? Also, look into the HPD airbox mod. The chain tensionor is a great idea. I was actually gonna get a steering Damper, but used the money to pick up some ITP T-9 wheels for the scram. I still want one though. I believe that Modquad runs one on his sport
Gotta have a spark arrestor.

The only reason I would want to get rid of the 'Trapp is so I can get a "matched" pipe and clutch...I'm not sure I buy into the whole matched parts theory but I don't want to just spend money just for the sake of spending it on a clutch kit, I want to be pretty sure it's going to make a noticeable difference.

I've looked at the air box mod and will most likely pick one up.....

All of this is on the main basis that I don't talk myself into a Raptor or a crotch rocket street bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trailrider, nice pics....how's the pipe sound? I've only heard the stock pipe, a White Bros E, and my SuperTrapp....

Old 03-23-2004, 01:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Since you gotta have a spark arrestor, then you dont want the HPD, unless you want to figure out a way to ADD a spark arrestor. I would probably just stick with your pipe, and pick up a clutch kit made for an aftermarket exhaust (*cough* Trailrider500's clutch kit *cough*) As long as it is designed for an aftermarket pipe, you should be fine. It may not work AS good as a "matched set", but it will be better than stock for sure.

Old 03-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The HPD pipe sounds great nice low tone rumble, and a nice bark when you hit the gas...

Its too bad you need a spark arrestor....

Thanks, You have some nice photos as well[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

Hmmmmmm, now I'm really perplexed. I think I'll just give Rick a call and see what he can do for me.

Doesn't HPD pipes come with spark arrestors?

Old 03-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Must the helix be changed?

Old 03-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

the helix doesnt need to be changed but the whole kit would be the way to go,,ive got a stearing damper from hpd,if ya interested pm me..

Quick Reply: Thinking of ditching the...