Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Please HELP still to lean!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP still to lean!!!

Originally posted by: RAJ
No it starts good, I'm worried about it being to high...would this cause a problem? (being to high)
yes and no,,

If its hight thats ok, but its not if you dont have high octane fuel.. It will cause pre-ignition which can cause all kinds of problems and one of them is it can burn hole it the piston...

Old 03-24-2004, 11:29 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I'm starting to wish I would of lefted it alone...It's digging deep in the pockets. I'm thinking about putting it back to stock. This is too much stress.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Is it possable you got a incorrectly marked jet have you tryed another 310? It happend to me thats why I ask. a you can check for air leak around the carb. and intake boot area, cyl. base by spraying a little carb clean or starting fluid around the rpm should not change this will work around the crank seals to if you can get at them seems to me you can only get to the one behinde the clutch on the 400's. without majore dissassembly rick could help you with the steps to a crankcase pressure test this will find a air leak if there is one. there was also a thread in the forums awhile back on this. as far as affecting it before a air leak can happen over night. seals just go bad sometimes.
good luck

Jeff

Old 03-24-2004, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ
I'm starting to wish I would of lefted it alone...It's digging deep in the pockets. I'm thinking about putting it back to stock. This is too much stress.
LOL i hear ya, just takes time i kinda enjoy working on things like this....

I am a long time gear head...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

I am sure you will have it up and running soon,you have my help and lots of others help as well..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2004, 11:41 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I will never go back to stock, just letting some steam out...thats all. I don't mind working on it as long as it's not costing me money. I got to help a buddy put a pipe on his warrior tomorrow, along with jets and modd. the air box. I just wish I knew what was going wrong. It's my luck...my luck SUCKS bad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I wish Rick lived a little closer, I would just take it to him.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:19 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I just went out and sprayed carb cleaner around the block,head,& carb.....and the RPMs did not go up. So I don't have a air leak around them. I also sprayed around the the block as best as I could. I also thought about pouring some gas all over it and getting the out the ZIPPO...LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

you insane man lol, GAS?!?!?! ZIPPO?!?!?! lol that would sure be a sight to see. u wouldnt wanna burn a pretty machine like that anyway would u lol.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

RAJ, about the NGK plug, Advanced Auto Parts carries NGK plugs. In fact, they even carry the V-Power plugs (which a local ATV dealership does not carry) that are used in the 500HO motors for only $1.68. Not bad at all. Just some FYI

Old 03-25-2004, 12:39 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I have been known to do stuff like this before...about a month ago we got back from riding and everyone wanted to use my pressure washer and it would not run....(I just bought it last year) so I got a little mad, so I rapped it around a tree. No joke... you should have seen the guys running around...no one said anything for 10 min. No I would not burn it. But it has crossed my mind. I have too much money in it. I guess you guys and me will get it right sooner or later.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

lol hahahahahahahaha nice job man. if it dosnt work then screw fixing it lol have some fun and break it worse lol

Quick Reply: Please HELP still to lean!!!