Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail mod 39pwk jetting

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail mod 39pwk jetting

So what is everyone running on their bikes. I am at about 3000 ft. elev.
What is a good pilot,main,and needle setting. I got it through HPD but it doesn't seem to run very well with the settings from HPD. Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:41 AM
CED
Pro Rider

I have a buddy who has my old 39 on his Ritter trail ported bike.We are at sea level.He is running a 35 pilot,175 main.Needle clip in the middle.Keep in mind this is with a race pipe also.

Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks CED. How does he like the race pipe with the trail port?

Old 03-26-2004, 11:55 AM
CED
Pro Rider

He has the FTR race pipe which is close to HPD's .He likes it ,mainly because he won't burn his leg anymore.His bike pulls really good.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Is the bottom end as good as the trail pipe and is he running higher compression than 12:1? Just curious cause I like the pipe being down low like that. My only hesitation is having to run race fuel. We do a lot of long distance riding and it would get expensive real quick. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:13 PM
CED
Pro Rider

He has pretty good bottom end power.Rick shaved his head a little,just enough so he can still run regular fuel.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I just pulled my carb off and I have a 35 pilot jet. I'm at 3000 ft. elev. Isn't this a little bit much? The temps are around 85-90 degrees now. Could I go to a 30 or 28.5. I was running a 30 pilot jet with the bored carb and I still think it was a bit rich. What's your take on this? Thanks.

Old 03-26-2004, 12:50 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I think this is the lowest pilot you can get for the 39.You should be ok with the 35 pilot.You may have to come out with the air screw to 2 turns.Check the plug and see what it looks like.Is the bike running bad.Do you have the EEG needle in it.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

I believe it does. I've been having throttle response problems and thought that I might be getting too much fuel at lower piston speeds i.e. throttle speeds. I have the needle in the second position. I really didn't think that the needle was that far off when it was on the third position but the throttle response was still poor. The head mechanic at my dealer is really good and he suggested going to the first position but was really leary of doing that cause I don't want to burn it up. So I thought that it might be the pilot circuit being the culprit.

Let me shift gears just a minute. I've got the red/yellow on my bike and it does have a higher stall and was wondering if I'm just expecting too much in the way of throttle response cause I know that it takes time for the clutches to spool back up after a hard excelleration to back off then back on again. Did that make sense? My wifes' bike has port work done by bubba and basically everything else that mine has other than clutching. She has the HPD plain spring and s53 weights and her throttle response is excellent.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Sorry this is such a long post but I'm trying to get as much info as possible on here to try to help figure out what's going on. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:25 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I'm guessing that you have the HPD violet secondary and it is set in the 2-2 position.Another think to check is to make sure the choke cable is seated very good,i had a similar problem and i made sure the choke plunger was seated all the way down.This cured my problem.It was bleeding some fuel into the carb at low speeds.Kinda like what you may be getting.

Quick Reply: Trail mod 39pwk jetting