New belt

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 12:11 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default New belt

Like Bradracer said, you just kind of walk it around the pulley. No need to pull it. Really a lot easier than you think.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New belt

Originally posted by: BikKat
I assUme you just remove the rear larger wheel, just pop the cir-clip? off it slides and install new belt? or have I simplified it too much? I went to book store to look for a service manual, no luck and dealer is closed until Tuesday :-(

Was riding Saturday and started to hear something banging around in the belt area. Stopped riding and went home to find that there is a 4" section of the belt that is missing its teath and that was what I was hearing boucing around in the cover.

I really liked the Deepwater/Cooper Creek area, near Clinton, MO. Glad I was able to find it through this site!

SLG
What year and type machine? That sounds more like a defective belt. I had one partially shred on me. They arent suppose to to that. IT may be covered under warrenty

Old 04-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default New belt

Originally posted by: BikKat
I assUme you just remove the rear larger wheel, just pop the cir-clip? off it slides and install new belt? or have I simplified it too much?
No, do not try to pull the large pulley halves apart. They are spring loaded and can be a bear to get back together by yourself. You can pull the whole secondary(large-rear pulley) if it makes it easier. It does not require a puller to remove. I find it easier to just put the quad in nuetral and walk the belts on.

Old 04-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default New belt

Check with your dealer, my 03 Blazer has a lifetime warranty on the belt.

Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default New belt

It doesnt matter which way the belt goes on.........if it did matter there would be an arrow on the belt telling you the direction for the belt to turn. As for the lifetime warrenty....if you smoke your belt just a little they will find it......they lay the belt on something flat and look for daylight between the the belt and whatever they lay it on......if they see light.........your buying the next belt.......already happened to me.

Old 04-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default New belt

Guess it depends on your dealer, and if you bought from them it may help.

Old 04-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Range Rover
Default New belt

Thanks, I wondered if I could just walk it on. I also wondered about the warranty. It is a 2000 Sportsman with 430+ hours, I got it used a while back so I have no idea how the first rider did/didn't burn the belt. Anyone tried to send a belt to Polaris to see if you could get reimbursed?

Old 04-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default New belt

The 2000 models didn't have the lifetime belt. Just curious as to what type belts everyone uses. I got a kevlar belt from Rick when I ordered my kit.

Old 04-06-2004, 02:10 PM
CED
Pro Rider
Default New belt

You should be able to get the Gates Kevlar belt from NAPA part # 19AT4090.I have been running one for over a year with no problems.

Old 04-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default New belt

I just picked up a Dayco Max2 belt. I like it so far. It has a lot better grip, and the cogs on it like the 700 belt which helps to cool it. Its creeping though, still need to break it in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New belt