Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i get a tb 250

should i get a tb 250 if im a begginer

Old 04-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

dude u gotta know what your looking for first. are you sure you want 2 stroke if your beginning. these things can have power but can also have problems if u dont know what your doing with them. i would recommend a 330 trail boss or something in that class.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

how old are you... your weight... height? it all matters...
o ya... and if you wanna go some what fast... you dont want a 250...

Old 04-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

I don't think it would be a bad beginner quad. Not going fast can be a plus if you're new to it. It's cheap. It's reliable, first hand knowledge on this one. And if later, you want to make it faster, it can be done cheaply as well. That being said, you have to decide how you're going to ride. Trails and a llittle mud, you're OK. It definitely is not a 4x4. Don't plan on going through deep mud. It's not an MX quad. You could put a lot of money into suspension and frame mods, but could have used that to buy a quad more suited for that style. Do you know anybody that rides? See if they'll let you check them out, or go to the dealer and ask to test ride some different models. Most importantly, get something you're comfortable with. This isn't like buying a shirt you decide you don't like. Just because you have a receipt doesn't mean you can take it back. If you do, plan on losing some money in the deal. Read all the posts you're getting, so far they've given some good advice. Good luck, and Happy Trails!

Old 04-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

the tb is a good quad it handles pretty good in the woods and mud they are awsome there only 2x4s but can go through mud pretty good. not like some of the 2x4s the top speed is around 53, there pretty mild stock but with a few after market parts the tb comes alive and you will see the potential in the machine

---------------
PERFOMANCE
.25 over head,
K&N filter, DG exhaust
12t front sproket, 150 mj
back--titan 489 xts front--maxxis razors,
shade perfomance trans, D.I.D chain,
armor tech belt, newer model tie rod ends
----------------
PROTECTION
skid plate, bash gaurd,
stronger back caliper holder
---------
LOOKS
scott grips, neon shifter, proburner lights,
cut fenders, removed floor boards made aluminum
dimond plate ones, painted bumper,handler bars,rims

Old 04-07-2004, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

I bot one for my wife and I have to have to admit I like zipping around on it for a change from
my sportsman. I'm quite a load on it though(nearly 300lbs) but if you are an average size
beginner, I don't know how you could go wrong with it. But just to warn you, the little I have
rode my wife's I think a Predator would be a he!! of a lot of fun.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]