Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Oil Injector/Block Off/Pre-Mix

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2000, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a topic I haven't seen on here. When is it necessary to block off the Oil Injector and pre mix ? What would of happened had I not went to pre-mix when I added my TMX carb ? Let's get some different info going on Oil Injecter vs. Pre-Mix.

Later, bodineus

Old 07-19-2000, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I believe its mainly a weight and reliability factor. If you pre-mix, you dont run the risk of your oil pump or injectors going bad and blowing up your machine.

Old 07-20-2000, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

I have had many 2-strokes. I removed the injector on all of them. I have seen too many problems that began with clogged/faulty oil injectors. Besides that, you are sure you mix is correct every time if you premix.

Greg

Old 07-20-2000, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

Bodineus,

More than likely what would have happened is you would have gotten a rich mixture. I tried to adjust the oil pump when I put on my TMX, but the damn thing is in such an awkward place it was nearly impossible to do it correctly. I ended up taking the pump off and premixing.

If you use Bel Ray, you will need to jet leaner. Even at 50 : 1, I've found my machine loads up after idling for any length of time.

Old 07-20-2000, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mike, Have you tried using the Polaris Gold Synthetic as pre-mix?
When I get the Scrambler back together after the cylinder and head get back from Rick Ritter, I'll probably start running pre-mix in addition to the oil injection.
Any suggestions?

Old 07-20-2000, 01:04 PM
GJ
Range Rover

Mike, I had read somewhere that the loading condition wasnt related to the amout of oil as it was the air velosity in the crank case. When idling the air velosity is not fast enough to keep all the fuel atomized and it starts to form droplets in the crank case area and collect there. When you gas it it tries to push all this fuel up to be burned and you get a rich mixture till it clears out. anybody else have any input on loading up. This is just what I read somewhere. GJ

Old 07-20-2000, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

Nemo
Your going to run the injector plus pre-mix ? Won't this be way to much oil ?
Mike,
I believe I asked you about this before, by adding the 34mm carb to my wife's blazer wouldn't this cause the same problems your dexcribing ?

Later, Dennis

Old 07-20-2000, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Capt. Nemo,

let me know when you start doing that so I can go buy 10,000 shares of NGK.

Old 07-21-2000, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

I'm only talking about 2 or 3oz. of oil per gallon, that works out to 64/1 or 42.7/1 ratio.
I wouldn't open an Ameritrade account yet...
The pre-mix is to be certain that the piston skirt gets some lubricant, I've already scrapped the stock piston, and want the Wiseco to live as long as possible.