Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RCR Kit For Trailblazer - Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2000, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice on what to do to my wifes TB for more power.

About 1 PM this afternoon the UPS guy arrived with the RCR pipe, clutch, jet, airbox kit for my wifes 2000 Trailblazer. Upon review I found everything to be in good condition and actually in the box! So many times I order things and they are never right (Dennis Kirk listen up). So Rick is already on my good side ; )

After reading the instructions (very straightforward although hardly a legible copy) I decided to dive right in. Its now 2PM...

Everything bolted right up and the only "complaint" I have is that the flange was not a little better for the old head pipe to go into as it took some forcing and bending (it was out of round) to get it in without leaking.(I purchased the low - mid kit where you use the existing head pipe). After some tweaking everything worked. A few things could use refining but it fit. So far so good Rick ; )

Airbox....

Jetting....

Clutch...

Overall the entire kit was installed and put back together by 3:00 and I did some fiddling...such as firing it up and listening to the new growl it had after installing just the pipes...An hour of my time to bolt on some extra HP, not bad...Still looking good Rick....Now for the true test.

Ran out the nearest trompin hole and fired up the TB and immediately noticed it actually wanted to go unlike before. After nailing the gas and actually riding a wheelie or two or three...Damn it would never do that before! Went up some steep rocky areas and she had lots of low end grunt...Even top end down the flat spots seemed better!

Overall I am very happy with the results of the kit. Rick Ritter has done a very nice job and has a good product which I would recommend to anyone. This kit will keep my wife wheeling for another 6 months before she wants "faster" so thanks again RCR for making my life easier! The pipes don't look as nice as the Toomeys on my banshee but the are acceptable considering most is hidden anyway.

One final note...If you were to change something about the pipes Mr Ritter my wife says "make them prettier"... Gee maybe that would make her happy a little longer...Oh and uh maybe RETYPE those instructions for a cleaner copy ; )

Have good one!

Old 07-22-2000, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I will redo the instruction sheet . I did it on a laptop last summer on vacation while traveling . I did a ICQ file transfer to my home PC, it should look ok . I'll check it right now .

Old 07-22-2000, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

Thats exactly why people will continue to do business with RCR ; ) Keep up the great work!

Old 07-22-2000, 10:35 AM
Trailblazer

So, Rick, what do you have for my 2000 Magnum 325 4x4 lead sled?