Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SPORTSMAN500 vs. GRIZZLY600

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2000 | 01:17 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2000 sportsman500 remington special edition and a kid named rabbit in avondale has a grizz and i have come to the conclusion that the grizzly XXXXX cause every time we go to the river bottom in ave he always gets stuck cause when he gets stuck one damn wheel stops spinning so they should call the grizz a 4x3 & when i get stuck which is almost never all the wheels keep spinnin no matter what so i belive that the sp500 is better then the grizzly600 cause the sp500 is a true four-wheel drive atv
so if any one thinks the grizz is better then the sp500 then u must be one stupid sucker

sp500 camofalge remington special edition
2000lb. winch
front and back bumber guards

Old 07-22-2000 | 02:32 AM
Range Rover

Well now that we all know im stupid. You are correct i should have gotten a SP500. I really wish i could have those awesom trouble free front hubs. And that sweet trans that smokes belts is just wonderfull. The extra size would be so nice to have on all the trails i ride seeings that they are all lined with small trees. And who could forget that extra 150lbs of weight must be good for somthing. Also having a engine with 100 less cc would really help me out with the fast pace i like to ride. Just the outher day i was saying to myself what a pile of junk this thing is, It has never broke down what junk. I cant even begin to count all the times iv been stuck because its NEVER happend. Thanks for showing me the light i will just run out saturday and get me that SP500 because its everything i dont want in a quad. Boy did you ever show us dumb Grizz owners.

Old 07-22-2000 | 05:11 AM
Pro Rider

Well I guess thats that fellows so now that we got that settled lets get back to some good discussions this one has been beat to death...

Old 07-22-2000 | 05:23 AM
Range Rover

Amen, atving!

Later,

Old 07-23-2000 | 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

You guys,
both of you guys ought to be ashamed of yourselves.Here we have two really great 4x4 quads and you guys are fighting over ''my dads car is faster than your dads''

BOTH quads are super,and I'd be happy to own either.Lets just quit the BS,because both you guys know if you needed someone to help you out on the trails,for what ever reason,Brand would make NO differance.======Be cool=====Bill

Old 07-25-2000 | 02:22 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

NOTE FROM ATVBBS:

Post text deleted. Please follow Forum guidelines.

atvbbs

Old 07-26-2000 | 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

One thing that enters into the equation is the rider,as Bill says they are both great machines.But you take better rider on Grizz will whip **** on lesser rider on 500SP.Talk yours up but please refrain from bashing anothers ride.lifes to short.CM

Old 07-27-2000 | 02:49 AM
Range Rover

Thankyou Bill and Chicken
I am so sick and tired of people bashing the Grizz or any non Polaris because they have seen one stuck or because the front diff is not a locker. I think that all quads are good some are better at some things. The Grizz may very well suck in 12" of mud but if i saw a mud hole that deep i would avoid it like a Heart attack. I HATE DEEP MUD ITS JUST A MESS TO ME. For the way i ride the Grizz is sweet. Hell the Magnum i almost got was nice also. But Polaris has 1 feature i HATE (the single lever brakes). Dosent make them bad just not for me. It seems like every 4th post in any forum on here has a SP500 owner poping off about their quad being the best and somone elses sucking. Its old already

Old 07-27-2000 | 03:42 AM
guy
Range Rover

Well Yama, that extra weight does help for towing.

Old 07-27-2000 | 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have been posting here for a while and you will notice that the bashing sways back and forth from one brand to another every so often! It sucks but we have to accept it. Two months ago there was a lot of Polaris bashing (because of the Ruby's impending arrival)...lately it's the opposite.

Try to overlook it, like I try to. It's hard and we all get sucked in once and a while. LOL

Keep on roarin' Grizz!

Quick Reply: SPORTSMAN500 vs. GRIZZLY600