Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2-stroke AMSOil question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-stroke AMSOil question?

I love the smell of KLOTZ in the morning...LOL...always used it in all my 2-strokers

Old 05-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Range Rover

95sport400, my bad I meant to say that the new Dominator synthetic racing oil is replacing the Series 2000 racing oil, not the Interceptor synthetic.

Old 05-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

No prob..... the point I was really trying to make is that unless you're literally racing, anything more than the plain injector oil in unneccessary.

Old 05-01-2004, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

95sport400, thanks, I agree with you. The Interceptor oil is great for the new snowmobiles on the market with exhaust power valves, don't know of any 2 stroke ATV's on the market yet with power valves and we probably will never see any. The HP injector synthetic 2-cycle oil is all and more than you'll need for most riding applications. But if your one of those riders that like to push the rpm's (if you know what I mean) on their 2 strokes, it's not a bad investment to go with the Dominator synthetic racing oil, yes it's more expensive because Amsoil uses heavier synthetic base oils in the Dominator 2-cycle to provide more lubricity for on the edge operation! If anyone has any questions email me at bensonbrothers@aol.com

www.lubedealer.com/bensonbrothers

Old 05-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Gas Gas atv company has power valves on at least some of their 2-strokes.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

BeltDrive, you're right a friend of mine just bought a Gas Gas 2 stroke and it has powervalves. I believe Trinity builds a motor for the Banshee that has powervalves also.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Fmf makes a T-rex cylinders that are powervalves and HPD makes the Powermaxx 416 kit and it's a powervalve.

Old 05-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldn't spend any special cash on high syythectic oil for a 2 stroke scrammy,the regular based synthetic amsoil sis just enough fine,that motoe doesn't need an special type oil like snowmobiles power valves systems,,it just not the same type of engines.i've tried severals synthetic oil til now,,included all the klotz stuff,
a regular sysnthetic oil work just fine in a scrammy,,and if you don't care you just can run the polaris oil,it will be still fine.
just be sure to include all additives a normal 2 stroke need and it should maintain a good times.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Range Rover

The Company of Firsts
AMSOIL has a documented history of innovation and leadership.

First to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil.
First to introduce the concept of "extended drain intervals" with a recommended 25,000-mile/1-year drain interval.
First U.S. company to utilize the NOACK volatility test as a standard of performance excellence.
First to produce synthetic motor oils for diesel engines, racing engines, turbo and marine engines.
First to introduce synthetic oils that legitimately contribute to improving fuel efficiency.
First to manufacture synthetic gear lube for automotive use.
First to manufacture a 100:1 pre-mix synthetic 2-cycle oil.
First to manufacture a synthetic automatic transmission fluid for automotive use.

Old 05-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I have run Amsoil in everything that I own. I liked it so much that I became an Amsoil dealer. When I bought my first oil injected quad, I ran the oil that was in it when I bought it out and switched it to Amsoil, and you could litterally tell the difference. The motor freed up and it even sounded a bit different, and smoke much less. You will notice a bit of a power gain. BUT, you will not notice any difference in the raceing oil and the standard injector oil unless, like most everyone said, you race, and race very hard. Most people hit it hard for a little bit, and then back off, as where racing you are hitting it hard for a much longer time. ANd in that condition you do need the added protection, but is not worth the extra bucks for normal hard ridden quad.

Quick Reply: 2-stroke AMSOil question?