Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEAR CLAWS WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEAR CLAWS WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM

NEED A SET OF TIRES FOR THIS WEEKEND AND CAN'T GET THE MUDLIGHTS ANYWHERE IN MY AREA.I'M THINKING ABOUT A SET OF BEARCLAW MUD TIRES. 25X8-12 FRT 25X11-10 BACK. ANYONE HAVE GOOD LUCK OR BAD LUCK WITH THESE . I HAVE A 2004 POLARIS SPORTSMAN

Old 05-11-2004, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

Yeah i had a set of these on a previous yamha warrior, and they are currently the rear tires on my scrambler. They are a great tire for the mud and snow, tons of traction with these tires, the price is right also. They are 6 ply tires so they are very puncture resistant and they seem to last for ever. The only drawback is the weight of the tire, these have got to be one of the heaviest tires on the market. I think this tire is the best bang for buck out there and they will be the next tire that I put on my machine.

Old 05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

I was told about the weight difference and was concerned but when I got the actual spec on the tires it works out to 1lb per tire 4lbs total . Shouldn't be a factor. Thanks for replying it's good to hear before you purchase

Old 05-11-2004, 05:27 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I had a set and thought they were average. Not true to size on hieght - fronts short than rears. I would buy MudLites by ITP next time.

Old 05-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Had them on my Sp 400 they were great. 25-12.5-10 on the rear. lots of traction.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Range Rover

The only bear claws i got experience with is the donut variety.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: Sceiks The only bear claws i got experience with is the donut variety.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yea, and don't forget to add the coffee. Go all out and mod the coffee with cream and sugar.

Trending Topics

Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I had them on my Kodiak. When I ordered my Vinson, I bought a new set before I even took delivery of the quad. One of the best tires out there. The bargain price for them only makes it better. I went with the 26"ers on both bikes, and didn't notice a bit of performance loss.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

So you had no trouble with that size on the rear rubbing. I measured and looks like it will be tight

Old 05-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

I have about 900 miles of experience and thought they were a great all around tire. They did well in the mud and got good traction on rocks and hardpack. Rode pretty smooth on the trails and wore very little if any during the time I had them. They were mounted on a 95 King Quad on stock rims. I would of got them on my Kodiak but they were not availble at the time I bought it and I was impatient to go riding so I opted for the MudLites.

I would recomend the Bear Claws to anyone who asks because I know it is good all around tire and though it does not realy excell in any one area it is a very functionable tire that most people would be pleased in. AlaskaBoy.

Quick Reply: BEAR CLAWS WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM