Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris dealers not there after initial sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2000, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can put a post up as long as you sign it and don,t state info that is not true. I will be doing this to a body shop in the near future, but i will use the local paper, Hopefully he will come good so i wont have to do it.

Old 08-01-2000, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

2001 400 sportsmen???? Was this Heinen and Mason?

Old 08-01-2000, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

To Thor, answer: YES

I think I will stop in there either one evening this week or at least on saturday and see what there is to see. rangerchet

Old 08-01-2000, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Thor and Rangerchet,
Have you had Mason and Hienen (or whatever the name was) service your machines? I'm looking for a good dealer nearby. Tired of getting the same poor service. Where are they located ?

Old 08-01-2000, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have brought my atv there 3 times for someting. They are a very good place to buy a polaris atv as they are considered one of the biggest dealerships. They are ok service wise. I thought they are a little pricey my self. Way back in the beginning I was not satisfied with them because it
seemed that they did not know anything about an xpedition as they came out new. I think that any polaris shop would have had the same trouble i guess. They are not slow at least. They have a few
people working so they dont take to long. So in general, I dont have anything negative really to say.

So far in minnesota, the polaris shop that "I", am
aware of that has a very good reputation that I have heard from several people is: DULUTH LAWN AND
SPORTS. That is too far for you however. Not for me since I store my atv at my dads in cloquet.

Lets see, Heininen and Mason is on central ave. in
osseo. take 694 to 81. take a right or north untill you get to osseo. when you get to central ave. take a right. about 1 and 1/2 blocks on the left side is there place. You will find it easy as
they have a large polaris sign and you will see atv's all over. this should get you there. rangerchet

Old 08-02-2000, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

heres my reply i got from polaris.thought i would share this with other polaris owners..as i stated before i didnt expect much from polaris on the issue other than a sorry.and it makes me lean more towards another brand..this only helps show the true fact that they are not there after the initial sale for the customer and seem to care more about the dealer..good luck to all of you dealing with em,ive had it..heres what they replied with..oh and so you know,there are at least 3 dealers with in a half hour from this dealer that have exp.425`s.so there out there

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Polaris Industries Inc.Polaris has no control over what dealers will or will not take in trade,
they are independent companies that are not owned by Polaris. However, it
is odd that they would not accept the trade, but if they are unable to get
the ATV you want that would explain why they do not want to take it as a
trade in.

Thank you

Old 08-02-2000, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well you guys are prolly going to boo and hiss me off the forum but im a Yamaha buyer and my dealer has been awesome for me and my family. Our service has always been great. Take it in on a Wednesday and get it back by next Tuesday at LATEST. He has taken 2 of our used quads in for new ones. He even took a Suzuki which we hadnt even bought from him. When I bought my Warrior he gave me a free Warrior hat, and free labor charges for the skid plate, hour meter, and my first check up. And he usually knocks about 2-300 dollars off retail for our family. In return we have had 3 people we know buy quads from him and try to treat him as fairly as he treats us. Too bad there are always some bad eggs in the dozen! =-( Sorry to hear it!

Old 08-02-2000, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for getting back to us with the reply from polaris. I'm not sure what to make of it, my self?? rangerchet

Old 08-02-2000, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

im going to make sure i can do all i can to get the word out on the great customer service provided by polaris,here i am thinking i started a relationship with the dealer only to find out they dont care if your happy,nor does the manufacturer,the least they(polaris) could have done was contact some of the local dealers for me and see if they might be interested in the trade..its not like there arent any exp 425`s in new england..ive found quite a few..3 with in halfhours ride from this dealer,basically polaris didnt care and didnt want to take anytime to try and help..its not like i was asking for anything for free.. i know its making me lean towards a/c myself,why would i buy another polaris that they wont take on trade.. hope others have had more luck than i have with polaris.. i can sum them in one word and it begins with S

Old 08-02-2000, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Foxrunner

In this area, the Polaris dealer is also the Yamaha dealer, and the Honda dealer, and the Suzuki dealer, and the Bomb dealer. You get the picture. If you want an atv and don't want to drive far, you deal with them. If we had a good dealer in another brand, I would be tempted to switch from my beloved Polaris to the other brand just to get some service. Its tough to hold Polaris responsible if the dealer is worthless.

Quick Reply: polaris dealers not there after initial sale