Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

PEP steering damper + Predator = dissapointment

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PEP steering damper + Predator = dissapointment

I ordered a PEP damper friday, and was ready for a rock bustin' weekend with my new weapon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].......Well unfortunately after I bolted it up and was checking to make sure everything worked as it should I discovered that the mount system doen't function quite as it was designed to. The front mount that mounts to the frame just slides/pivots on the frame and will NOT clamp down securely on the frame no matter how hard you crank on the bolts. The mount was literally making creaking(like a dry/rusty door)I was cranking on it so hard to try to make it stay still. It just slides front to back and left a real nice bare spot on my frame just from testing it to try and get it to hold still in the GARAGE. I didn't even make it out to the trail with it. I refuse to pay/use something that doesn't even function as it is designed to. Needless to say I am very disappointed with PEP and will not ever advise anyone to use their dampers.......

I've got a Denton damper on order as the frame mount is a side mount instead of a straight forward mount. I advise any of you that are in the market for a steering damper to go with Denton or Gibson. Steer clear of PEP.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Bummer on the PEP.........I've had nothing but good times and 2 thumbs up raving reviews for my denton 7 way click adjust on the predators..........REALLY helps on the arm pump and cuts chop on the trail or the dunes.

A steering dampner is one of the first mods I ever add to any of my quads.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Heapster, yours along with others opinions of the Denton is why I decided to go with them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]