Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HAD A BAD DAY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

I took my bike out to the desert today which i havnt done for like 4 years because my bike is ment for the dunes, and took it out ran great, temp gauge was fine, and all of a sudden i hear it start bogging down .. so i bent down looked to see if my gas was on and it was and went a little bit farther and it just started boggin and boggin and then finally it died .. I tried to start it again and would he make a sound ... but then i tried to pull start it to see if it would pull and it didnt, so i blew up my whole top end .. and the thing is is that im at a big bore right now and if the piston scared the cylinder than im kinda screwed but i will have one more bore .... and i had antifreez in it, and i had oil in it .. and the jettiing was fine.. it wasnt getting hot because my fan didnt come on at all ... so im still figuring out the prob .... im gonna take my top end apart to see whats goin on

Old 07-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

ouch, that sucks

Old 07-06-2004, 08:59 AM
CED
Pro Rider
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

Sounds like the connecting rod bearing went out.I bet your head and piston look like someone took an ice pick to it.Good luck ,let us know what you find.

Old 07-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

i was thinking the same as CED

Old 07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

I'm trying to learn here, so if you could answer a few questions for me.

What fuel were you burning?
What was your EGT saying at the time?
What oil are you using?
Could you take some pictures of the piston and bore when you get it apart?

Old 07-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default HAD A BAD DAY!

You guys wouldnt believe what happend ..... I took my whole top end apart and looked at the piston and the cylinder and guess what? ........ not a scratch!!!!! .... so right then i was a little stumped ... so i said huh maybe its in my flywheel took it off and looked at it and the magnets were totally screwed up!! ... and the 2 bolts to my stator broke off!! ... and i am still tryin to figure out why it happened ..... but the thing is is that my flywheel was lightned so that kinda sucks, what a bummer tho .... so now I need to but a flywheel ... if anyone is sellin one let me know ... and i didnt ever beat on the flywheel ... if you wanna see some pics email me Onebadpolaris@***.net .........Austin