Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New info from Doug Nicholas/race results about Rath Racing(TT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New info from Doug Nicholas/race results about Rath Racing(TT)

Hey guys, I just got a pm/email from Doug Nicholas explaining where he is on the predator motor.....I think he has come a long ways, and is still working hard.....he tells his situation, what he is working on, what to look forward to, and an impressive race result. For those of you who are looking for performance, it seem evident where to go after you read this. Every company is now sending you directly to him. Anyways here is the info......and remember to check out his site for more pictures of products, updates on new stage kits, and updates on products his is making himself(ie: new pipe, footpegs, etc...)

Brad, just to keep you up dated somewhat I am the person falicon will send all customers to,to build the 627cc stroker motor, lots of work plus lots of oneoff parts to put it together,defineatly not for the guy on a budget. I have built it. plus two other stroker motors(all three were differant strokes). I have more stuff in development for the Predator coming as soon as I can test and prove that every thing works.The 574cc pistons are tested and ready. I have already sold three kits with my cams and 574cc pistons.I also had custom rods built for the predator that are way stronger and will take the high hp motors and rpms.I am working on custom cylinders that will be stronger and produce more power.Saturday sept. 25,2004, Daryl Rath won the open pro class at the national TT race in greenbrier, ark. Polaris has had many differant motors built for Rath, but none of them have been fast enough to gather a win at the national level. Daryl said my engine was by far the fastest. He had no problem puuling ahead down the straights against any of the other brands.It was the first national win for a polaris ATV. I built the motor and was at the race to tune it.If Daryl would have had one of my motors at the begining of the season, I really believe he could have won the series. I am spending my own money and time to test and develop parts for the predator motor. Way more than any other speed shop at this time. There is no other speed shop or polaris even, that has built this motor in so many differant configurations.When people call Web Cam, Falicon, Dyna, and others they will be refered to Nicholas Cycle Racing for the predator motor builds.Please keep an eye on the web site as matt and I update it as we get the new stuff ready for sale. Also we will keep people informed on some of the products that we are working on.We have had the rath header for sale for about 2 weeks now.I am working on a good looking drag pipe but it is aways away for sale, I do have a rough version I have been testing with.

Pretty impressive huh...Especially the part about Daryl.....way to go Rath Racing on the win!!!! Anyways, keep checking the site, or just call Doug.....Nicholas Cycle

Old 09-28-2004, 02:43 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Thats cool. I just sent buddies carb. off to Doug. And we are ordering all the parts from him. Pure Polaris Pipe, K&N filter, Outerware,. We are going to go with no air box, just a clamp on K&N. Can you tell me the differnce between Pure Polaris Pipe and the E-Series? I should have asked Doug last night. I forgot too.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

There is no difference, that I know of......the e-series might have a turn down tip or something......but basically no difference that I know of....That's cool that you are ordering parts from him.....your carb/filter/airbox elimination/pipe will make your(or your buddy's) pred a whole new machine.....be ready to hang on now!!!!

Hey and if you notice a difference in response, give us a ride report on doug's carb mod....

Old 09-28-2004, 03:14 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I'm thinking about getting my 05 TLD Pred. from them. That is when they come in. If I do I will have him do all the work on it before he sends it to me. It just depends on the cost of shipping. If I don't get it from them, I will have the carb. sent off and order my parts from him. Hey I did tell him that you told me about him. Maybe that will help you out in some way. I will let you know how the carb. works out. We ordered a sticker kit from Rath Racing last night, it should be here tomorrow. We had it shipped over night. I will be glad when the 05 TLD is out, sick of waiting around. I sold my quad way to early!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 09-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Raj......first off, thanks for the boost!!!! That does help me out. Me and Doug work together and help eachother out some. He gives me parts at a discount(partly because of this site, and partly because I am always there needing something else)!!! So thanks again...... It does suck that you don't still have your quad.......hopefully they will be in soon, and I bet Doug will be getting the preds first(or quickly anyways).......I think he is working really hard on that pred, to make them more powerful, and the best thing that I like is the he will NOT sell a product unless he has tried it and thinks it is worthy of sale. Again you will love the carb mod, IMO.....and hopefully you will have great service from Doug, as I always have had. He is more than willing to talk forever about quads.

Hey, why pay shipping charges, just come on over and see his shop, and his pred.......I know he would love to show you around, and you could even take a few test laps on you new pred!!!

Another mod your buddy might be interested in is some air scoops(Doug's are very nice, and are a high level of craftsmanship, but also kinda pricey(only thing I think he has priced high) but I got mine from Modquad....and they aren't quite as nice, or as sleek looking, but got them for 20 bucks + shipping.....

Old 09-28-2004, 04:01 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I would love to check out his shop. He told me last night that he has the Std. 05 Preds in. He is still waiting on the TLD. I was showing my buddy your pictures of your Pred, and what the pipe looks like on the Pred. I will say that you are always giving him a plug. I own my own business, I wish I had someone to give me a plug, so I could get more customers. I do lawn and landscape. I think I have talked him into air scoops. What ever I tell him I'm going to get for my Pred. he will go ahead and get. He was going to go with the HMF pipe because I was going to go with it, then I changed my mine and so did he. I do all the research for all the guys I ride with, they when I order the parts I put them on for them. I do like that part of it.

Old 09-28-2004, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I also like that part......I like investigating what parts are the best, and then tearing the old off, and putting on the new, then testing it out to get it to perform at its peak. Of course, this process is really cut down for me, because all I have to do is drive down to Doug's and talk to him about it.

I also eliminated my heelguards, made a bracket to hold the fender in place, and got better footpegs....I really like those pegs.....another mod I did soon, was an HPD front bumper, and a PMR rear bumper(both of which Doug sells)........I also took out my lights(but I don't ride at night)

I think you made the right choice on the exhaust, I'm not a big fan of HMF.....nor do I think it produces like everyone says......The wb pipe is a good choice, and probably the best full system now is Rath's, with HPD"s being next in line, IMO.......

Old 09-28-2004, 05:16 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

As far as the lights we do alot of night riding around here. I do work alot and thats about the only time I can ride. I ordered a set of tusk nerf bars for him about a month ago. I will get the same set. I really like the looks of them, and it fills in that empty space. Nerf bars like sweet on a Pred.

Old 09-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Did Rath run that Pred in the Pro class? He came in 12th against the pros.

GNC TT Round 6
Twin Creeks Raceway
Greenbrier, AR
Sept 25, 2004

1. Keith Little (Yam)
2. Shane Hitt (Yam)
3. Harold Goodman (Yam)
4. Brandon Watts (Yam)
5. Brad Covington (Yam)
6. Dave Kister (Hon)
7. Jathan Seale (Hon)
8. Chris Gary (Yam)
9. Zac Willett (Yam)
10. Tim Farr (Hon)
11. Hillian
12. Daryl Rath (Pol)
13. Darin Ogden (Hon)
14. Jason England (Hon)

Old 09-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This is probably the pro production class, I'm not for sure......I know he wouldn't lie about it, so I'm sure he came in first somewhere........

Quick Reply: New info from Doug Nicholas/race results about Rath Racing(TT)