Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Last Polaris I'll own!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last Polaris I'll own!!!!

I feel your pain. first a tire that keeps going flat that nobody can seem to fix.
then while on a ride the housing that the oil filter goes into developed a hair line crack and pisses all the oil out onto my boot. then the cheap method of attatching the rear taillight that polaris came up with let loose and lost the rear taillight. love to ride but it sure can be expensive.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: tatertodd
I feel your pain. first a tire that keeps going flat that nobody can seem to fix.
then while on a ride the housing that the oil filter goes into developed a hair line crack and pisses all the oil out onto my boot. then the cheap method of attatching the rear taillight that polaris came up with let loose and lost the rear taillight. love to ride but it sure can be expensive.
HAHA u serious u cant fix a tire u shouldnt even own a quad then or a car at that!!

Old 10-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

didn,t want to slime it for a sloww leak so took it to a couple of different tire shops that reseated the tire and changed the stem. It still leaks so I guess I'll end up sliming it even though not real crazy out that idea!!

Old 10-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

u can: plug it, or just buy a new tire!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

I have over 3000 miles on my 400. even with all my parts and all the added stress on the motor and drivetrain Ive never had anything more than a CV boot rip and a simple bolt snap in the rear end causing extra play and movement in the movement of the tire, it couldve been worse but it I caught it before it ate up a U-joint

Old 10-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

My family and friends have had our share of problems with polaris as well. Everything from a 99 xpress 300 to a 2003 sp600, about 5 quads in total. Only one person was happy with thier purchase of an 02 sportsman 500ho. He has since sold that and bought a 500 arctic cat in 03. My step father still has his 00 sp 500, which just so happens to be in the shop as I type, trip number 9 if I remember correctly. Still having an issue with the electrical system after a few visits to the shop and endless hours tracing wires and testing voltages.

It's safe to say there wont be any new polaris atv's in my family or friends' garages anytime soon.

But hey, if you have a good machine, congrats.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

SNOWWOLFE,
I dont see your Polaris 4x4 system having an advantage over any of the quads listed below because they ALL have the capability of diff lock.[spinning all 4 wheels]and they also have override buttons.I do like the Polaris 4x4 system,but there are other quads that also torque all four wheels.

Your buddies that own these 4x4 quads WITH DIFF LOCK,OBVIOUSLY did'nt put their front diff in the 4x4 locked mode or all 4 wheels would have turned equally,unless ALL of them had something wrong with their quads,which is highly unlikely.

There are alot of other ATVs out there that lock ALL 4 WHEELS,just like your Polaris does.Lets see,off the top of my head,I can think of a few right now,

1.660 Grizz
2.450 Kodiak
3.Suzuki King Quad 700cc
4.Prairre 360 4x4
5.Brute Force 750
6.Brute Force 650

And even the Visco Lock on the Bombardier does a very good job of spinning all four wheels.We have some of these Bombardier ATVs in our club and I have'nt seen ONE yet that has failed to spin all 4 tires when it needed to.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:21 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Ok here is my 2 cents worth![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Like alot other people have said......it don't make a difference if it's a honda, yamaha, or any other rice burner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] something will go wrong or break!

And if you don't like Polaris then stay off our fourms!!! I do not go on any other fourm, because I could care less. I could go on the honda fourm........and see someone is having a problem, and say......I feel your pain my moms, brothers, dads, sisters, mother, had a honda and they spent $500.00 on tie rod end!!!

Old 10-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

no issues with my polaris... would buy another with out question

Old 10-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well, the other quads are supposed to lock all 4 wheels but in real life they dont (old KQ excluded). I watched to many of them flounder in a mud bogg with only three wheels spinning to believe differently.

Quick Reply: Last Polaris I'll own!!!!