Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportsman800efi vs rincon

remember elkbow your turning 27"ers lots more to turn there

Old 11-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Actually, I had on my stock tires/wheels when we ran. We haven't been out together since I've been riding on the 27's. He has a hard time getting a kitchen pass from the wife. I've been swapping around tires/wheels so much lately that i'll probably wear our the lugs....lol. I still have to finish the test on the 27" Mudlites.....I'll report my findings when I finish. So far I can tell that the Mudlites handle better than the 589's and are pretty aggressive in mud also compared to the 589s. The 589s have the advantage of getting more traction when you are stuck and need to roll towards one side because they have full lugs all the way out and the Mudlites taper towards the sides....hence why the Mudlites handle better.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer

I see that this post is old, but I'm going to respond with some facts as opposed to opinions and wants. Fact 1: I have both a 2005 Rincon and a newly purchased 800EFI. 2. I traded a 2004 SP700 for the new 800. 3. Rincon will not hold a candle against the 800 in a drag, no matter the distance. 4. The Rincon actually is slightly better in the think stuff than the 800, BUT, I have 27" Mudzillas on the Rincon and just the factory treads on the 800EFI. No matter, the Rincon has, indeed, been there to yank out the 800 more times than the other way around. 5. The Rincon (pre-Mudzillas) was dead even at almost all distance drags with the 700, though the 700 seemed to work a bit less to do it, if that makes any sense. I think it's inherent in the design of the Honda 3sp trans, and we ran in both auto and manual mode.

Again, not really a fair comparison due to the FACTS. The Rincon has the advantage in the mud because of the tires. The 800 has the advantage down the line because, well, it's a monster. BOTH are very nice, very powerful and top notch machines. I would ride either one of these without longing for the other any time, and the design of each, while very different, is equally impressive. Those are the facts.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

welcome to the forums... nice to have some info from people who own

Old 03-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the only utes that can even think about competeing with the 800's are the Brute Force, King Quad, Prarie 700, and MAYBE the bruteforce 650.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

doesn't the Rincon lack LOW RANGE?

doesn't the Rincon have 3WD and no locker to make it true 4X4?

how does it out-mud the Sportsman? are you dreaming?

Old 03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

You can all say what you will about machines you never owned or probably ridden, but I have both. As far as I am concerned, this is beyond debate. Just today my sister had to bring the Honda up to the lake to get the 800 out of the muck. As I said in my previous post, the Rincon has really aggressive tread on it, so it can easily handle the mud that buried the 800 today. Also, I am NOT biased on this. I have always been a Ploaris fan, even my sleds are Polaris.

As far as the 3 wheel drive, I have never had an issue with this. The traction limiter kicks in and all wheels ALWAYS wind up spinning. I have heard of this system not functioning properly on other posts, but again, it has NEVER been an issue for me.

Believe what you will. I guess there is no accounting for actual facts and experience, especially for those that have a particular brand tattood on their chest.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its good to hear that Don, All I ever hear is opinions of people who probably have never been on a rincon....Its no superpower, but it will hold its own, Ive pulled out a few Polaris, Grizzs and one Brute Force so far. In certain situations the extra weight or the 150 extra rpm your turning the tires with just isnt what you need in CERTAIN situations......thanks for being honest about it.......

Old 03-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

Why are people doubting the honda's ability to out mud the 800. I think people are missing a KEY stat here. The Honda has mudlites the 800 is on stockers. So apples to oranges it is. Even in a drag race. That being said if you have the cash flow for a couple of sleds, a rincon and 800 why the hell are you running stock tires on anything?

Really the comparisons between the two machines you own, are fair they are really null. Since their are major diffances between the two machines. but it is good info, at least we know the honda can pull out an 800 pound quad stuck deep in mud.

But what we can't conclude from these test is how much faster the 800 is OR who can mud.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ImperiumDon
You can all say what you will about machines you never owned or probably ridden, but I have both. As far as I am concerned, this is beyond debate. Just today my sister had to bring the Honda up to the lake to get the 800 out of the muck. As I said in my previous post, the Rincon has really aggressive tread on it, so it can easily handle the mud that buried the 800 today. Also, I am NOT biased on this. I have always been a Ploaris fan, even my sleds are Polaris.

As far as the 3 wheel drive, I have never had an issue with this. The traction limiter kicks in and all wheels ALWAYS wind up spinning. I have heard of this system not functioning properly on other posts, but again, it has NEVER been an issue for me.

Believe what you will. I guess there is no accounting for actual facts and experience, especially for those that have a particular brand tattood on their chest.

Well my 600 would out mud a stock 800 man...you got to understand the huge difference tires make...buy 27 inch zillas on a 800 and you can watch it crawl through anything...well not literally anything but a lot...the only way to really test a muddin comparison is have same mods on both...

Quick Reply: sportsman800efi vs rincon