Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

something bad again

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something bad again

well when i was riding in the woods and all of a sudden the quad just gave out no power nothing so i went to start it with pull start it wouldnt budge and i dont know hat it is well when i finally got the pull start to work and i started it up it gave out again and thumb throttle was jamed so i pushed on it and it became mad loose and went to start it up and it reved all the way up so i shut it off and got towed back any ideas!?!?!

Old 11-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't understand the pull start thing.......I have had the throttle thing happen before.....Mine wasn't the stock carb though, but I was racing mx and came out of a corner and hammered it and it stuck wide open, I tried to get it to unstick, but couldn't, so before a large triple, I shut her off by my tether..........It ended up being a small burr in the slide area of the carb.....don't know how it got there, but with a little emery paper and some carb cleaner, I was back running for the main......

Old 11-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks...Good luck in fixing it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Trailblazer

So you tried to pull start it and the pull rope was like stuck? ..... Im thinkin you migh have blown up your bike, because my buddy was at the dunes at was runnin the bike pretty hard and he shut it off and started it again and when he did the bike reved super high and we couldnt shut it off so finally it just shut off by itself and the found out that the he blew up his top end! ...... were you runnin bike pretty hard?

Old 11-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

no the pull start thingy was from overheating yes i ride fast but not to fast but the throttle thingy was mad loose and when i started it back up it reved like crazy i had to jump on it and idled it down the the choke so i really dont know what it is

Old 11-12-2004, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

pull off the throttle cover on the bars and ride it, make sure that the 2 silver prongs arent touching cause that will kill the quad.... it's to prevent being stuck wide open!!!!.....that's what i'd check first!!!

Old 11-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you guys down to freezing temps yet? If so sounds like the oil injection cable froze and has things froze up.

Old 11-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Range Rover

You should've bought a yamaha/ jk
i dunno about the pullstart but sometimes on my bros scrambler 500, the throttle sticks and when you start it in gear, it takes off/ we tightened up the throttle cable and its fine

Old 11-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

yeah its snowing by us i could be riding right now to