Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Impressed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2000, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

schtick,

That is impressive, but what I find more impressive is that you have an unbiased opinion toward polaris machines. If we could all be more unbiased like you, these forums would take a bigger leap forward that they already do. On occasion, I bash other brands, but I try to be selective and base it on facts other than preconceptions. Again, thanks!!!! BTW, how's that Ruby? I saw a couple at the local dealership, and they look pretty trick. Have you had any problems?

Later,

Waylan

Old 09-07-2000, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks!

The Ruby has been great! I have only put 33 miles on it so far and it has been pretty solid. I have read posts about computer problems, so I will have to wait and see. It has started out to be as solid as my 450s, but only time will tell. The transmission is very smooth and acceleration is far better than I thought it would be.

I have always been pretty loyal to Honda, but I am not blind to the other manufactures. Each make and model has their ups, and downs. I just enjoy to ride.

Take a look at my post, “Who Cares...” (Aug. 30th) in the Honda Forum. It pretty much says it all about my feelings on the “bashing” that goes on in some of the forums.

Ride, ride often, ride smart…

Schtick

Old 09-07-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Tell me more about the RedTop trail. I haven't been there yet.

I did see some great trails in Biwabik, near Virginia. They went right up into the hills, looked great.

What other trails have you ridden near the Twin Cities ??

Old 09-08-2000, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Good post schtick would have liked to have seen that you should have been on the end of a camera so we all could have shared it. I have owned many fine Honda dirt bikes and reliability is there middle name, so you haven't had any trouble with the cpu hope this is not a big problem with the new Rubicon. I would like to see Honda add some features to their flagship model, I would really like to see the Rubicon evolve w/extras the Rubicon might just be the perfect bike you hear so many people trying to describe the "perfect bike" w/ extras like IRS and 2 to 4 wheel drive HOnda might even win me back...keep us posted on how the Rubicon is doing and how it is stacking up against other bikes...

Old 09-08-2000, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer

It is about an hour and forty minutes from the twin cities. You can park your vehicle in Isle and catch the Soo Line ATV trail for four miles or so until you reach the Red Top ATV Trail system. We put on around 22 miles on the trails (which including some mudding at a pit for half hour or so) and did not back track any where. And there are more trails to find. Minnesota DNR site has a pretty good map of the area.
RedTop from MN DNR
(Although I think there 11.3 mile statement is incorrect.)

I would recommend it.

We also do a lot of riding on the Moose River ATV trail in Outing. (3 ½ hours from the Cities) There are a ton of mapped trails and even more that are unmapped. I have been hunting there for years and I keep finding more.

Have fun…

Schtick