Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

400 vs 500 4X4

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400 vs 500 4X4

My Polaris service has been great as my 2000 2x4 Scrambler has never returned to the dealer since I bought it new in 2002!
Something must be wrong with my machine cause I have not even changed to a Wiseco piston yet..LOL.
2 stroke versus 4 choke, (oops, LMAO, just kidding)! If you've rode the 2 strokers all your life it's a hard transition to the difference in the power bands of the 2.
I feel there is MORE maintenance on the 4 strokes cause they have those VALVE THINGEYS,( LMFAO )
The technology in todays 4 strokes is awesome which makes them a good choice for those who have not rode 2-STROKERS.
I mean who ever thought a HARLEY would be capable of dragracing a SUZUKI or KAW in a heads up 1/4 mile race?
(Maybe Big Bad Scrambler had those dreams but the HARLEYS sound still makes my ears bleed..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]:confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I know BUBBA is as confused as me cause he still has a smokin 2 stroke SUZUKI street bike, I still have a KAW 500 TRIPLE and it still takes 4 strokers of much bigger displacement to come close to it, but have never lost to any HARLEY...MAN MY WORST NIGHTMARE...LOL..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I think the 500 is the ticket for you unless you want to MOD it. If its gonna get mods i'd go 400 JMO...just pick a quad and ride..no disappointments just ADRENALIN

Old 07-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Default 400 vs 500 4X4

Is anybody there or did ya quit talkin?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default 400 vs 500 4X4

Well i dont have a scrambler, i have a kawasaki bayou 220 and it sucks. its 10 years old and i only want a scrambler, nothin else. My uncle has a scrambler 500 h.o 4x4 and it is awsome, i ride it all the time. Im not much for 2 strokes so i recommend a 4 stroke. they all seem to have more power.