Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I rolled my quad!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I rolled my quad!!!!!

Ok, guys I was doing something really stupid. Long story short, I was going too fast when I tried to do a quick u-turn and I flipped my 1 week old Predator. Scrapped my knee and my elbow but other than that I am fine. My concern is for my quad. There some scratches on the front fender and I broke the emergency kill switch with the landing but other than that, everything looks ok. My question is what should I look for after a crash like that? I test rode it and everything seems fine. The handlebars are straight and the alignment seems ok. I am just not sure what kind on “inspection” I need to do on my quad. I will call the dealer tomorrow and price a replacement kill switch.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

all told, you came out okay, good thing those predators are pretty light....

Look at your machine from the back and then from the front, checking for any damage to the suspension and steering....look underneath and see if there is any cracks, etc. Make sure you look at the front suspension well, where the shocks mount, the steering mounts, etc. The frames are pretty tough, so you probably won't have a problem there.....

doens't sound like it hit too bad....just look for things you would think would get damaged on a flip/roll....also, open your airbox and make sure nothing got in there, like gas or oil....

Old 11-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

check the wheel bolts for bent or loose, check the tie rod ends for same, and i would check the radiator. Glad to hear you didn't get hurt!

Old 11-29-2004, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info guys. I will give it a complete once over when I get home from work. When I got up and dusted myself off, I had to push the machine back over on its wheels and I thought for sure that it would not start. I pulled the clutch and hit the start button and she fired right up like nothing happened. I have a LOT more respect for the machine now. I will try and be more careful from now on.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:22 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

My buddy has fliped his 04 at least 4 times. He has crack the front plastic, and bent the handle bars. If it would have been some of the other quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].....it would have broke the frame. Thats way I don't care if the Pred is heavier then the 450R and the YFZ.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

my friends pred was 20 minutes out of the showroom and he ripped the rear grab bar off it. then a week later hit a tree pretty hard........anyone have an extra frame laying around???? and rear earnhardt plastics.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

Ouch!!! Hit a tree, daggone.. He jump before it hit?

Old 11-30-2004, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

I'd bet you broke the clips off the front hood. I never replaced them on my '03, cause they didn't seem to be crucial.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

don't look for anything, spit out the dirt and get back on it! lol if you ride like I do, that won't be last time you flipp 'er.

Old 11-30-2004, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer

I'd bet you broke the clips off the front hood. I never replaced them on my '03, cause they didn't seem to be crucial.
Front clips??? Where do I look for those? The fender is a little "off" on the right side but that is because I can tell what happened. I asked my dad if he could see it and only after I showed it to him did he know what I was talking about. I think I will try some super glue for that kill switch too.

Quick Reply: I rolled my quad!!!!!