Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Family riding in CO

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2000, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello all!!ive been a 2wheeler all my life & bought a scrambler 400 in 10/99,,,,love it!! just wanted to pass on i would like to stay in touch about closure concerns, im the trail maintenance coordinator for the CMTRA (colo motorized trail riders assoc.)several areas may be in jeopardy,,but we have seen power in numbers work. this is my first forum response,,i promise ill lighten up, i just got excited to have an avenue to reach people,, and ditto to the responses to st elmo/hancock/pitkin areas,nice riding. i liv ein woodland park & need ridin buds,,one broke his femur 7 one went blind,,,,i need ridin buds,

Old 09-09-2000, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

"PO"
Welcome to the forums.Were you at the meeting for ROYAL GORGE ATV CLUB awhile back?CM

JA
We were at that next road after the camp ground,in the free camping hate to pay that fee..We were with the Quad dusters,were with them on Saturday had two YELLOW 500SP yellow coats on.Prospector and I found some awsome trails outside of ST ELMO.Like he said no two wheel drives there !!!!!

Old 09-09-2000, 02:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

greetings famous chickenman!! no,i didnt personally,we did have reps there,as did the q-dusters,great bunch, i know afew of them,i tried to email you, but it came back full or something. thanks for the response,,im gettin excited here,a seemingly responsible bunch of riders groupin together,,,,well,,, anyway,,,

Old 09-09-2000, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

PO
Got the e-mail thing taken care of.hey we'll ride with ya anytime.I can show you some good places!!!! CM

Old 09-09-2000, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

I am getting so jealous! I sure wish I was close enough to bring my ATV's down there to Colorado and ride with you people. You guys all sound like a fun crowd to ride with. I too have beatifull scenery here but am missing the companionship. Keep more pics comming!

Keith

Old 09-12-2000, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

I returned to Pitkin this past Sunday. Most of the aspens have not changed color yet, but looking across the scenery from baldy peak, it appears that this area will be pretty spectacular next week-end considering the number of aspen groves.

Nothing like riding your ATV through a meadow of glowing gold.

Old 09-12-2000, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Have you made it over to ST ELMO?CM

Old 09-12-2000, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

CHICKENman,

Two weeks ago, we did the loop from St Elmo (Tincup & Hancock Pass). I'd be interested in knowing what trails you found in St Elmo.

When going to Pitkin, do you travel highway 50 all the way to Doylesville? Is there a shorter route. We've been staging at old Monarch pass and riding up Black Sage pass and then hitting trails 769 & 774. This seems to be shorter, but Monarch & Black Sage can be a bit boring and the cowsh*t is hard to remove from between your teeth.

Old 09-12-2000, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

WE took 867 just west of Doyle,then hit 763 at WAUNITA springs,into PITKIN.That was first time I been there have always came in ST ELMO or Cotton wood to TAYLOR PARK.Taylor Pass and CEMENT CREEK,ITALIIAN CREEK are all great rides.I just e-mailed you some great shots of Grizz lake and IRON CHEST.They are short but will give you idea.CM

Old 09-12-2000, 12:45 PM
Range Rover

CHICKENman,

Would you email some of those pictures my way also? I'm starting to get excited about this Colorado riding thing, and glad I can stay near Ft. Collins, my old stomping grounds.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Family riding in CO