Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler vs. Wolverine

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler vs. Wolverine

Im lookin for a badd a$$ sport utility machine. I like the wolverine but recently fell in love with the scramble . Which is better and why??? also show me some pics of you getting $hitty on either.

Old 12-04-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

A good sport utility atv is the wolverine. Id chose the wolverine over the scrambler because the scrambler is more of a sport quad with low ground clearance, the scrambler has an Awd 4x4 and it is on demand so you can switch. and the wolverine has a limited slip drive 4x4 which means all the power doesnt go to all the wheels. I would get the wolverine because you can go offroad with it more then the scrambler and its only 5-8 mph slower then the 500cc scrambler. I would go with the wolverine

Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Even though I'm a Polaris fan, I would go with the Wolverine. Nice machine and fast. The 350 Wolverine has a reported top speed of 58 mph, although my friend has two of them and they'll only go in the low 50's. They're lightweight, yet can handle a pretty good load. If you're looking for more of a sport machine, then go with the Scrambler...but if you want a sport utility machine, you can't go wrong with the Wolverine.....I've actually been looking for a used one instead of lugging around my Polaris all the time....

Old 12-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have riden with Wolverines a few times and they cant hold a candle to a Scrambler on the trails,track or topend.They would be ok I they didnt have full time 4x4 which is curable with a WARN 4-2-4 switch.And still you dont have the suspension travel like on a Scrambler or the ground clearance.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer

My Grandpa has always been a diehard Yamaha fan so he bought a wolverine and my dad bought a scrambler....well guess what my grandpa now rides a scrambler...

Old 12-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ftwflh
I have riden with Wolverines a few times and they cant hold a candle to a Scrambler on the trails,track or topend.They would be ok I they didnt have full time 4x4 which is curable with a WARN 4-2-4 switch.And still you dont have the suspension travel like on a Scrambler or the ground clearance.
Depends what he wants it for, if he is going to use it as a utility machine also, then the Wolverine is by far a superior machine....if he just wants sport, then he has many options, but since he is comparing these machines, I would say that the Wolverine is superior overall. The Scambler will be better on the trail, jumps, aggressive riding....easily...

Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought a mint 02 scrambler, I currently have an 03 700. We went out riding today and the scrambler went everywhere I could go with my 700 can go. The bike is great, I can throw it around, wheely, hill climb. My 700 will be for sell soon. I'll have no need for it with me scrambler

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Scrambler is hands down the best ALL AROUND quad.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: elkbow
Originally posted by: ftwflh
Depends what he wants it for, if he is going to use it as a utility machine also, then the Wolverine is by far a superior machine....if he just wants sport, then he has many options, but since he is comparing these machines, I would say that the Wolverine is superior overall. The Scambler will be better on the trail, jumps, aggressive riding....easily...
Heck if you want more utillity get a old 425 magnum.My old 425 handled,jumped and trail rode great and couldnt be beat as a ute machine.Besides with full time 4x4 is sucks in play mode.

Old 12-04-2004, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer

i personaly think the wolverine and scrambler are in 2 difernt catagorys...the wolverine is utility with a hint of sport...but the scramber both 400 and 500 are the greatest all around. you can do yard work with them if you get racks...then you can go out on the trails and keep up and even beat 400exs...then a mud bog comes around and they turn around, but you just throw it in 4 wheel and bog right threw...IMO the scrambler is the best

Quick Reply: Scrambler vs. Wolverine