Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

No Trail Boss Problems to Report????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Trail Boss Problems to Report????

Merry Christmas everyone,

I've been reading this Forum for quite a while now. I have to wonder why I have not seen any topics on the Trail Boss. I have the 03 and just find it interesting no one in so long has started a thread with questions on their Boss.

I'll say it's a good thing.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an 04 Trailboss. It has been great so far. i only had 3 small problems that were taken care of by warranty. The head gasket was leaking oil, the circuit breaker would pop alot and the chain makes a bad vibration sound. I have alot of upgrades and I would say it is the Sportsman of 2x4's. I still have some thinI want to do to it. So far so good. I think that there is not any complaints because not many people have one and they are very reliable.

Old 12-24-2004, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

Ya know, I bet if you put a poll out on '04 models with a leaking valve cover gasket alot would respond "yes". My '04 500 Scrambler was leaking after only 3 rides. When I took it back to the dealer they said they had seen alot of this particular problem. Reason being, seems the wizards at Polaris R&D thought a gasket instead of an "O" ring seal was a better idea[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I was told previous models used an "O" ring & now the new ones use a gasket.

Old 12-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

2Manytoys, Thank you guys for the replies. Merry Christmas to all. 2Many, I looked at your upgrades, do you have any others that are not listed?

Old 12-25-2004, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

my buddy has a 04 330 trailboss. about 10 of us went ridin a few days ago when the storm hit us here in cincy,and his swingarm bolt on the right side fell out,and it was lost/done for the night.but that was his 1st problem with it.and to top that i rolled my new kfx 700 on the road.not sure what hurts more.my bike or my ribs....my pride...plastic cracks real easy in 20 degrees

rodman

ps....crasheditb41stpayment

Old 12-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just installed the sp700 mudflaires and lock right hand guards. I also replaced the lights with some hyper white halogen driving lights. They are super bright and look really cool. A back up light, custom rock guards to protect the floorboards, Polaris hand warmers, white primary spring, 25" Mud Lites, K&N airfilter and I think thats it for now.

Old 12-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Only thing on my 2000 is a flat tire. Glad it's an easy fix. Will be putting on a bigger carb when it warms up a little. I'm sure that will have it's own little set of problems. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Old 01-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider

My Boss is holding up well. The original Stock tiers did not hold up well. The original chain also went fast. Other than that I am Happy with my Boss. 2manytoys That is one nice looking loaded Trail Boss...Nice work.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
I just installed the sp700 mudflaires and lock right hand guards. I also replaced the lights with some hyper white halogen driving lights. They are super bright and look really cool. A back up light, custom rock guards to protect the floorboards, Polaris hand warmers, white primary spring, 25" Mud Lites, K&N airfilter and I think thats it for now.
2manytoys: Where did you get the SP700 mudflares? They look really cool on the Trail Boss. Was looking to get some for mine, are they sold as a complete set?

We've had our Boss for over six months now with no major problems. Only problem I had was a bent A-Arm from being stupid.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Lon
Trailblazer

2manytoys - I really liked the pics. The Tboss looks great with the mudflares and handguards. I have two questions for you (or anyone that may know):

... I bought heated grips - of course, there were no instructions with it. They are not the element style that the grip slips over. They have the heating elements inside the grips - like Hot Grips. How did you wire them in? Did you use epoxy under the grips? Please provide as much info as possible.

... I like the headlight mods you have - what's involved there? Where did you buy them?

Quick Reply: No Trail Boss Problems to Report????