Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Front end wobble, large tires....

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end wobble, large tires....

the other thing is that Mud Lites do not alternate tread, they are evenly spaced with each side of the tire matching the other side, so there shouldn't be side-to-side play because of the tread pattern...

ITP didn't answer my email I sent in reply last night....

dave

Old 01-03-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end wobble, large tires....

This is a quality and manufacturing issue guys. The tires are out of round. It's as simple as that and there's no excuse for it.

I have tried many after market tires and have returned all of them except one brand because of being grossly "out of round". My goodyear mudrunners are NOT out of round. They have deep lugs, alternating lugs, and lugs that have a large amount of space between them. When driven 50 mph on cement they ride smooth as butter and are not squirrely.

Also, my new polaris rear tires are out of round bad. At 5 mph, 10 mph and whatever speed you want they bounce me up and down badly. It's rediculous. I will call Polaris tomorrow and see if they'll replace them.

If a tire was a little out of round you would never notice it. Dave's tires, along with mine are very out of round. The manufacturers don't care to fix it. They'll take the tires back gladly and then sell them to someone else.