Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mods for an 04 Predator. CDI, cams, pistons

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for an 04 Predator. CDI, cams, pistons

hey guys, I haven't been in here a while, so Im falling behind on the new hottest performance stuff. I have been busy as all heck working on snowmobiles.
Last year was the first year I had My predator, so I left it basically stock, I put an HMF pipe on it, and a K& N filter, and thats it. AS soon as I slow down with snowomobiles a little bit, i would like to get to work on my predator. In fall I ran it in the grass drags for the first time, and got 3'rd, I want to make sure that in spring it is first. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What are my options. I have seen some talk about new CDI's to adjust the timing curve, and raise the RPM's. Is this a safe mod? i don't want to spend a ton of money on it, I seen some people say that Nick's is a good one? Where I get some info on it?
Are alot of people putting diferent cams in? How about high compresion pistons and that type of stuff?

Also, How are you guys running your carb setups? Jets, needles, etc. ??

if you could fill me in on some of this stuff, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Old 01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

I don't own a Predator but I know that on my Mojave after I changed my exhaust I kept running into my rev limiter.After sending my black box to Four-Stroke Tech to be modified the little Kawasaki ran much better and seemed to have more power.That was about 6 years ago and the quad is still running strong.

In my opinion the new CDI is a good investment.You might also want to play around with your front and rear sprocket sizes also.I change mine depending on how long the course is that I'll be racing on.It's just like changing rearend gears in a car, you can gear it for more top end speed or for quicker acceleration.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:40 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Doug at Nicholas Cycle has a cheap cdi box that I have heard is the best bang for the buck. And I would send your card to him and let him do some work to it.

Old 01-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

bump [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]