Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

'05 Predator Problems Continue

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Predator Problems Continue

As some of you may know, I had problems with my jetting originally when I first started riding my new 2005 TLD Pred. However, I've been continuing to have problems with the machine off and on not running right. Took it down to the polaris dealer for the third time and they went through the whole carbirature and checked all the lines and even changed gas to find a solution to the problem. Being the fact that I was p.o. about the whole situation. The owner of the dealership and the service manager said they were going to call polaris to get suggestions of what could be going on to solve the problem. Now they are looking at electrical or ignition system problem, and polaris has authorized them to fix whatever the problem is by using parts off of a new 2005 TLD pred they have at the dealership. My question is, is this a common problem getting a defective part from the factory with polaris or is this only an isolated case with my pred? Has anyone dealt with polaris on warranty work and how are they to deal with? Because as of right now that I would have wished I bought a different quad because of all the b.s. that I'm going through. When the pred was running good I was happy, but with the way things have been going so far I'm starting to wonder if it was a good choice to buy this quad?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

I'm on my 3rd polaris with no problems, although I haven't owned a predator. The first year, 03 predator, had some tranny problems, but it was a first year machine.

Did you change anything on your predator from the time it was running good when new until now? Its not normal as many predator riders on here can confirm. As far as something going wrong, its like buying a vehicle. I've went through two alternators on my Ford Superduty powerstroke, one at 3000 miles on the vehicle. It happens, for one reason or another, with many machines.

If it was running good to start with and running poorly now and you haven't changed anything like pipe, air filter or played with the carb, then you very well could have an electrical problem. I'm sure the dealer will sort through it, give them a chance since not all problems are easy to diagnose...

Old 01-23-2005, 02:12 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Was you the one who said your dealer rejeted your Pred for the colder weather? I ride with a 03 & 04 and I have the 05 and none of us has had a problem. If you think you have bought the wrong quad....trade it in for some thing else.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I think if you would do that you would kick your self in the A$$ later, the Pred is one of the best quads out today.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Trailblazer

Just dont expect somthing brand new to have problems already, not even more than a month on the pred,, ??????????? when it runs good, its been a blast lol?????

Old 01-23-2005, 02:25 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

Was I right on the dealer rejeting the carb for the cold weather? I understand being Pi$$ed, I would be to.....the the dealer would be fixing it ASAP! Or they would give me another one of the show room floor.

Old 01-23-2005, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

the cdi is prolly bad

Old 01-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Old 01-24-2005, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

Has anyone dealt with polaris on warranty work and how are they to deal with?
I haven’t had to deal with Polaris with any warranty work as of yet but with some of the mods that I am doing, I am sure they have reason to void my warranty if they wanted to. Let us know when the outcome of your situation is. I have an 05 TLD and if it is something I need to look out for, let me know.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

I was curious about the radiator where it's located on the Predator. When out riding on really muddy trails does the mud clog up the radiator? cause it seems to be right in the open for anything to hit it or damage it. Wondering if anyone has ever had any issues with overheating or anything like that before.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Trailblazer

hey does a port and polish do more than a bore

Quick Reply: '05 Predator Problems Continue